HELP: Appropriate selection of ROM

Guest mst_mugen

Guest mst_mugen

hey guys! first of all, i would love to thank the creators of this wonderful site and also all the friendly ppl that frequent it!!!! ive recently purchased a new samsung omnia and im in love with it!!!!

newaiz, ive been reading about this forum regarding ROMs..... and my question is... which ROM do i need to update for my fone? ive done several searches on this topic and i havent really been able to concluded an answer thus far.... just to keep in mind, i got my phone from Optus in australia and i would like an english ROM.

here is my version...

PDA: i900DFHJ6/DFHJ6

PHONE: i900XXHJ1

on a side note, im planning to use the "Throttlelauncher - version 0.9.5" UI..... will this also affect what type of ROM i should upgrade my omnia with??? also, id like to add that im a little disappointed with the battery life, but from what ive read, updating the ROM should fix this problem??

any help would be muchly appreciated!!! thanx in advance! :rolleyes:

Guest shokka9
hey guys! first of all, i would love to thank the creators of this wonderful site and also all the friendly ppl that frequent it!!!! ive recently purchased a new samsung omnia and im in love with it!!!!

newaiz, ive been reading about this forum regarding ROMs..... and my question is... which ROM do i need to update for my fone? ive done several searches on this topic and i havent really been able to concluded an answer thus far.... just to keep in mind, i got my phone from Optus in australia and i would like an english ROM.

here is my version...

PDA: i900DFHJ6/DFHJ6

PHONE: i900XXHJ1

on a side note, im planning to use the "Throttlelauncher - version 0.9.5" UI..... will this also affect what type of ROM i should upgrade my omnia with??? also, id like to add that im a little disappointed with the battery life, but from what ive read, updating the ROM should fix this problem??

any help would be muchly appreciated!!! thanx in advance! :rolleyes:

It depends what you wnt. Looks, newest, fast, GPS, free memory, ????

The link off 1Mack is good for people not sure what ROM they want. You have so many routes, but you need to make the decision, not us.

good luck

As shokka9 said.... Whatever floats your boat.

If you want looks go with Manilla because it's finger friendly.

If you want a lot of space go with clean rom's.

1Mack gave you the link for an original (stock) rom that is great if you want to keep the original look and feel of Omnia and still have the latest rom.

If you want original but tweaked roms then use the ones that are made by Paul. It has some minor fixes.

So as you can see you'll have to browse a lot of topics and choose yourself.

Guest mst_mugen

hmm... ok ok! thanx for the reply guys! i had absolutely no idea.... lol

looks like ill b goin for a ROM that improves the look of the omnia.... ill let u all know what ROM i end up choosing and if i run into any problems....

thanx heaps again!