SztupY's automated kitchen [with OPTIMIZER]

Guest sztupy

Guest sztupy

Managed to port a new XIP/SYS, I'm testing it, and if it works fine, I'll upload a new task for this. IE6 does work on it fine, but flash does not in IE6 :rolleyes: and to make matter worse opera crashes when I try to load youtube.com

EDIT: was only some leftover from flashlite2... works now.

Edited by sztupy

Guest sztupy

Okay here are some new tasks to play with. Thanks to everyone who contributed to make them!

Some remarks:

• I only tried out M2D on a clean 20954 ROM, without opera and with netce35+fl31, and it did work without any collisions. I don't know whether there will be file collisions if the ROM is not clean.
  • I updated the descriptions on the more dangerous tasks, to describe what they do (or don't do)

Read their description before using them! You might want to use only the XIP, or both the XIP/SYS part. Because of a directory handling error the XIP updater will create the os.nb in the wrong directory (it is created in the parent dir of the parent dir of the kitchen), you have to manually move it back to the kitchen. The SYS updater is easier to use, although it may cause more harm :rolleyes:

The new XIP is from lufeig's LFI04c ROM, the SYS is from the 20954 HTC Kaiser ROM, with the language files from the 20757 Microsoft WM emulator image. There is a comment.txt in the task's directory, with these infos. The only file that was changed from the kaiser's SYS with the stock omnia file is the htmlnote.dll (although it's possible that htmlnote did not work because of the old version of the 0409 language files). Many thanks to lufeig for most of this information!

Current issues with the new SYS so far:
    • Finger mouse is defective. It's a known bug without fixes unfortunately.
    • Automatic operator settings does not work, and re-creating the settings doesn't always solve the problem.
    • You can't change themes using the today control panel screen (but you can using the theme screen)
    • The default theme has a light font based on a light background which is unreadable
    • The default input is the windows keyboard, and it can't be changed permamentally (it'll reset to that after each soft reset)

Why change to the new SYS?

[*]Faster

[*]Has VOIP

[*]Has IE6 (which you'll either love or hate...) supports youtube too

If anyone knows solutions to these problems please share :)

DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/syakr.html (80MB!)

Edited by sztupy

Guest JASTECH
The XML files in the _files directory are separated, because they are shared among the tasks (see my previouss post). I think that each task should have it's own directory, because a task may contain extra files/directories/etc.

I agree, this is the correct way to do it. It should give each task a little more punch as not to allocate files elsewhere.

shokka9, HOWDY! ...You are here too, lol...Thanks for the toys and sztupy thanks for the app. good job! I wll have to vacuum the kitchen to get it ready for the buffet and special orders. I use Olive oil as this is very good for you and does keep the apps from sticking.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest pda512
Okay here are some new tasks to play with. Thanks to everyone who contributed to make them!

Thanks sztupy for all your work :rolleyes: . Have not had a chance to have a look yet, but will do. A quick question - do the latest tasks update 0.9 but still allow use of HL2/HK3 ROMs and are there any improvements on the HL2 tasks which you can tell us about?

Guest shokka9
  • I only tried out M2D on a clean 20954 ROM, without opera and with netce35+fl31, and it did work without any collisions. I don't know whether there will be file collisions if the ROM is not clean.

Hopefully will work, i will be definately be testing all of this later, downloading now Sztupy!! Keep up all the good work.

Current issues with the new SYS so far:

Finger mouse is defective. It's a known bug without fixes unfortunately.

Automatic operator settings does not work, and re-creating the settings doesn't always solve the problem.
You can't change themes using the today control panel screen (but you can using the theme screen)
The default theme has a light font based on a light background which is unreadable
The default input is the windows keyboard, and it can't be changed permamentally (it'll reset to that after each soft reset)

Issues

- Don't use finger mouse, so thats cool

- Operator, can set up manually in less than 2 minutes, no problem

- have to change themes using theme screen, no problem

- Default theme, will change anyway in theme screen, again no problem

- default input, can be changed by registry entry (SIP, will have a look and let you know), but not a huge issue.

Thanks Sztupy for providing super apps and great descriptions, to help us all. I speak for us all when i say that you have saved us all hours and hours we would of spent building ROMs.

Whats next........... :rolleyes:

Guest shokka9
shokka9, HOWDY! ...You are here too, lol...Thanks for the toys and sztupy thanks for the app. good job! I wll have to vacuum the kitchen to get it ready for the buffet and special orders. I use Olive oil as this is very good for you and does keep the apps from sticking.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Told you Jas, gotta keep your eyes & ears close to the ground. :rolleyes:

I been waiting for this M2D task, got the AIO cab from Sztupy, but cant sucessfully package it into ROM. Hopefully i have more joy with the task.

I have a few tasks that i could add, but always forget. Might lock them down today...

Glad you liked the toys..We will lay on a very noce feast soon.. :)

See you on the other side Jas, take care.

Guest sztupy
Thanks sztupy for all your work :rolleyes: . Have not had a chance to have a look yet, but will do. A quick question - do the latest tasks update 0.9 but still allow use of HL2/HK3 ROMs and are there any improvements on the HL2 tasks which you can tell us about?

I incorporated the improvements from some of the previous posts, and there are some new tasks. And of course there is the XIP/SYS update too, which has for example VOIP support and IE6

- Operator, can set up manually in less than 2 minutes, no problem

- have to change themes using theme screen, no problem

- Default theme, will change anyway in theme screen, again no problem

- default input, can be changed by registry entry (SIP, will have a look and let you know), but not a huge issue.

- But it's cumbersome, and the stock opera won't work no matter what you set up.

- Yeah, but you can't load any tsk files in the theme settings menu, which is a big problem.

- You can't :(

- Yep, but it's still a problem :)

Guest shokka9

I have made ROM, will flash shortly, new SYS, M2D, but clean as.

Can you not change the default .tsk to pick up the one you bundled in the M2D (diamondblack) so it defaults to that theme?

Edited by shokka9

Guest sztupy

Cooked a ROM using SYS from 20757, and I like it. Doesn't seem to have the errors the 209xx SYS has (finger mouse is still defective, but the other problems seem to be not present). I'll test it a bit, then post an update.

Guest chokia
I cooked the hermes's xip/sys as-is, and it did contain functions like zoom out and zoom in and switching between mobile and desktop IE, which I think is not present in older IE versions. The new sys also contains microsoft's version of flashlite 3.1. Btw, browsingie only contains some dll's (with mshtml.dll of course), the iexplorer is still in the browsing package. BTW my phone is now ultra-unstable, but still IE6 is fast and stable on it

I wonder if you can cook clean HL2 rom with IE6 (fast & stable as mentioned) and release it.

Guest sztupy
I wonder if you can cook clean HL2 rom with IE6 (fast & stable as mentioned) and release it.

I already managed to do it using 20957 ROM, but that ROM was a bit unstable. IE6 did work though nicely.

Guest sztupy
So lufieg's 20954 ROm is more stable than 20957 ROM?

but IE6 doesnt play well with the former? only plays well with the latter?

lufeig did some research on it's ROM, so it's a mixed version of 20954 and 20270 (the one in Omnia). My SYS dir is 20954 with the english files from the 20757 WinMo emulator images without files from the stock Omnia. Although lufeig's version is more stable, it still has serious bugs (like the defective bluetooth headsets)

Guest shokka9

hey folks, made some new tasks..

TorchButton

ClearTemp

psShutXP

Nothing major, will post the new tasks if they work ok in my next build (totally clean HL2 + 20954 XIP + M2D, tegic keypads, .net 3.5, flash lite 3.1, above apps - some personal touches too).

Should be very slim and quick. Running the above now with coreplayer & resco explorer & registry, but as installed cabs (except XIP, tegic, .net & flash). So this ROM save me some more time on install.

Let you know results.

Results...

TorchButton & ClearTemp no no. Can them to work by putting them in as OEM packages, me missing something in the folders, i fix. The apps were there, but i couldnt run them and they had generic program icons.

Other than that (i just reinstall with cab), ROM is good. Just installing some stuff, forgot M2DC. But everything works a treat M2D (sneaked my own theme in too). All good, just need to work on my tasks, but using OEM packages works (for some) too.

Laters...oh, after the above install only 10mb in prgram memory, not bad with M2D installed!!

Thanks Sztupy.. :rolleyes:

Edited by shokka9

Guest sztupy

Experiencing strange bugs...

complete DZHL2 with 20954 XIP and 20757 SYS: works, and it's fine (fast, stable, IE6 is nice, but not finger mouse and only 17MB left in device memory (but that's HL2's problem :rolleyes: ) )

clean DZHL2 with 20954 XIP and 20757 SYS: defective (see below)

complete DZHL2 with 20757 XIP and 20757 SYS: defective (see below)

the error is ALWAYS the same: operator settings not working, theme can't be changed and such. And these bugs are either present or not at all...

The complete 20954/20954 package had also these same errors... It's just strange that cleaning the ROM and/or changing the XIP back to 20757 will "enable" these bugs (and the bugs are always the same), but it works really fine with the non-clean 20954/20757

Edited by sztupy

Guest sztupy
It's possible with syakr translate taril rom in italian? OEM folder is empty. Thanks

unfortunately with our kitchen you can only edit custom ROMs if it is designed to be edited. I never saw any omnia custom ROM that is designed that way, so unfortunately you can't...

Guest lastnikita
complete DZHL2 with 20954 XIP and 20757 SYS: works

clean DZHL2 with 20954 XIP and 20757 SYS: defective (see below)

Only check half of the 'cleaning' tasks, then split again the defective part, and so on to find the task which conflicts..

Good luck :rolleyes:

Guest sztupy
Only check half of the 'cleaning' tasks, then split again the defective part, and so on to find the task which conflicts..

Good luck :)

No, it was the SYS update task that was defective :rolleyes: The first build didn't use the task that's why it worked :( (and yers, the 20954 SYS task is defective too, so it might work when I fix it's error)

Will upload the working files tonight. 20757/20757 with working IE6. Touch mouse still doesn't work, and I don't know whether bluetooth headsets work or not. Will upload some test ROM's for people with BT headsets to try.

EDIT: quick question: is it true that it wasn't possible to delete individual SMS messages in threaded view in the original SYS version, or was I just blind?

Edited by sztupy

Guest sztupy
I can delete a message in threaded view, once I've clicked it (it goes to details page) and click ok to come back to the thread.

For me it automatically selects the newest entry in the thread.

Guest sztupy

Hi everyone!

I need some volunteers with bluetooth headsets, who would like to test whether the BT headsests work in this ROM: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/temp/20757-20757-test_1.zip or this one: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/temp/20757-20757-test_2.zip . XIP&SYS: 20757, nothing kept from stock one. I don't own a BT headset so I can't try it out. The two ROM's have a similar configuration, test2 has a bit more bluetooth modules. Using the first ROM now, never tested the second (might not work)

Test it too whether it still works after soft/hard resets.

Thanks!

Edited by sztupy

Guest pda512

Am using the 0.9 ROMbot to add update NetCE to 3.5 with the standard HL2 ROM files and then Build the ROM with the kitchen.

The "update Net CE to 3.5" is the only item I have checked. The script runs, correctly I think, and does not produce any warnings. However when I try and build the ROM I get an error - data exception. The error at the bottom of the BuildOS window is:

Error, last status: "Processing: SYS\NETCFv35 ... Searching for dsm file"

Can someone suggest where I have gone wrong or how to proceed. Am sure I am not the only person to try and do this particular update. Many thanks.