HL1 - New features

Guest bobobird

Guest bobobird

Thanks to samjuan for the suggestion

Here are the 3 main new features of HL1 on youtube.

- Favourite Settings

- SharePix

- Widgets

There is also a discussion on the features here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...l1/#entry948629

(though it seems I am the only one doing any posting). :rolleyes:

bbb

Edited by bobobird

Looks nice but Samsung havent done anything to make them more usable - the individual widgets are still too big to have more than a few displayed at a time which means having to dip into the widget bar frequently or sacrificing one widget for another. They should make them dynamically resizing so one touch enlarges the widget then another touch opens the widget. Or maybe multiple pages or scrollable widgets on one page. And there is still no appointment widget which is probably the most useful for a business device. Very promising but still think it can be improved, hopefullly the finished Silverinbox will be activated as the default email client soon.

aaaaaaaaaaaargh :rolleyes: my companies server will not allow you tube viewing <_< . I wont be to a pc that will let me look until I am in Dubai on the 27th. I hope Secany releases the L2 by then and I can look at the reviews and screen shots :) .

Guest samjuan
Looks nice but Samsung havent done anything to make them more usable - the individual widgets are still too big to have more than a few displayed at a time which means having to dip into the widget bar frequently or sacrificing one widget for another. They should make them dynamically resizing so one touch enlarges the widget then another touch opens the widget. Or maybe multiple pages or scrollable widgets on one page. And there is still no appointment widget which is probably the most useful for a business device. Very promising but still think it can be improved, hopefullly the finished Silverinbox will be activated as the default email client soon.

very good points... probably make it like the t-omnia...

Incorrect --- check the calendar widget.

I mean a widget that allows you to see your upcoming appointments on screen without having to enter the calendar app. The current calendar widget only shows the date and links to the default calendar app.

Guest EL FUERTE
I mean a widget that allows you to see your upcoming appointments on screen without having to enter the calendar app. The current calendar widget only shows the date and links to the default calendar app.

help me plz,i did this stupid guys the pre cfg,i chane ti sinopre,how to i put defualt like always to use tmobile on i think the uk version..help plz

Guest bobobird

ahhhhh... i get what you are trying to say.

I may be wrong but most calendar apps I have seen would still need you to press some button before the calendar pops up.

But that does not mean a widget should not be able to do that. For example, the CNN widget is populated either when you press on it in the widget bar or drag it out. So a widget that lists just the nearest 10 appointments would be cool...

Guest samjuan

bob, a quick question I know I may have to look or search but I'm too lazy to do so.

What application did you use to capture these informative videos off your Omnia?