How do you while away the time while the handset is charging?

Guest Chrismobile

Guest Chrismobile

I'm delighted that my HTC Touch HD is due to arrive tomorrow. When it gets here I'll then have the agonising wait while the battery goes through its first charge.

What does everyone do while the battery goes through its first charge? Do you:

a) get a life and just leave the handset for the 12+ hrs it needs for the first charge

:rolleyes: let it charge but have it switched on and play with it constantly for the 12 hours

c) ignore the instructions to let it charge for that silly amount of time; instead, bung the battery in with the charge that it had before it was packaged, use it till it runs down then charge it for a couple of hours before going off to work with it 20% charged.

Chris

Guest Monolithix

Mine actually came about 75% charged, so it just about lasted the day, then left it on the mains all night (as i do every night). I don't really follow the 812 hours charge routine much, but i do find that cycling the battery (leaving it to run completely flat, then charging it for as long as possible past full) a few times give's noticable improvement. I now get a couple of days out of my HD, which is impressive for me!

Guest gibson99
Mine actually came about 75% charged, so it just about lasted the day, then left it on the mains all night (as i do every night). I don't really follow the 812 hours charge routine much, but i do find that cycling the battery (leaving it to run completely flat, then charging it for as long as possible past full) a few times give's noticable improvement. I now get a couple of days out of my HD, which is impressive for me!

Just got my touch HD :rolleyes:

I have plugged it into the mains to charge....but there is no indication that it is charging. Should an LED of some sort come on? (I have not powered the device on aas per instructions and will not do until it is charged). My old HTC used to have an orange light when charging whether switched on or off...

edit: found the led...doh!

Edited by gibson99

Guest CorruptedSanity

With all new devices, ill charge it full and then run it down till it shuts off at least 3 times before charging it when its not empty. I find that this allows me to extract a little more lifeout of the battery.

Guest TheNerd
edit: found the led...doh!
Yeah - it's pretty tiny isn't it. Possibly goes some way towards improving battery life as I can't imagine an LED that size drawig much power at all! :rolleyes:

The best advice I can give is to go the forums, on this website and probably the XDA Developers website so that you are up to speed as well as fully charged!!

Enjoy its a great device :rolleyes:

Guest Chrismobile
The best advice I can give is to go the forums, on this website and probably the XDA Developers website so that you are up to speed as well as fully charge!!

Enjoy its a great device :rolleyes:

Well, my HD arrived on Monday, and like a good boy I gave it its 3 hour charge before turning it on. i'm now getting to know how to get the most out of it and adapting to life without buttons!

battery life is about a day, which I expect to go up to 2 or 3 when the battery is condtioned and when I'm back at work so less time to play!

Cheers

Chris