Task2Gather offers shared task sync across the internet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
T2G-20081222-110635.png
You can't beat the warm fuzzy feeling when an app appears that performs a function you have been waiting for a long time. This has just happened to me as I have discovered 'Task2Gather' from MoDaCo sponsors VITO Technology.

If you are a podcast listener, you may remember me talking in an episode gone by about how it would be cool to have an application that allowed you to maintain a list on your device (e.g. a shopping list) and have it sync across multiple devices between multiple people. AFAIK there has been nothing to do this to date, and Task2Gather achieves this and more!

Available on the web, on your Windows Mobile devices or on the iPhone, Task2Gather (currently at version 1.3) offers:

Task2Gather for Windows Mobile is a task manager that helps you to be organized and successful in everything you do. Task2Gather allows you to create, edit and share tasks on the go.

All your personal, family, and business tasks are saved in the web cloud and can be accessed not only from your Windows Mobile device but also from your desktop PC or Mac.Task2Gather performs greatly not only as a personal to-do or shopping list but also as a collaborative tool for reaching common team goals.

Even if your family members, friends, or colleagues don't have Windows Mobile device, they can work with you from a desktop PC, Mac or even iPhone. The idea of updating your shopping list while you are in the shop will be to your wife’s liking.
Task2Gather features:

* Divide tasks into subtasks
* Share tasks
* Discuss tasks
* Deadline set up
* Color set up
* Progress (estimated/spent hours)

I bought it last night and installed it on mine and my wife's devices, set up some test lists and it works! :rolleyes: It looks cool on both the HD and her Touch Dual and I can see this being an application i'll use a LOT! What's crazy is that it seems to be priced at $0.99 at the moment, so buying 2 copies cost me under £1.50! Nice! :)

I'll post more as I use the application more, but I thought i'd get a post up as i'm not sure how long the $0.99 pricing is for (i'm checking!)

Does anyone else use this app?

More deets and buy from the Task2Gather page!

P

T2Ginstalled.jpg

Hi Paul,

This looks great :-)

It says in the description that you can access your tasks from a Desktop also, I presume this is through a web-browser? , can you give your opinions on this or even better throw a screenshot up.....

Thanks in advance..... ;-)

Yeah, via a browser - it works really well!

I have already suggested working on a few tweaks which have been well received.

P

T2Gfirefox.jpg

Wow - add some SyncML stuff in for scheduling and your laughing - what a top app....

Terran

Guest nickcornaglia

I dont know if it works 100% the same way....but RememberTheMilk along with MilkSync can do the same. If I'm not mistaken, on RTM, you can share lists. The positive side is that you dont need to use WinMo exclusively. PC & Mac & iPhone users can access the same data....which may be a benefit for some.

MilkSync does require a pro subscription which is a downside to this...

I use RTM for close to a year now I think, and depend on it for ALOT of uses. Other than day-to-day tasks, I use it for recurring bill reminders as well.

The Vito solution is a nice looking app tho!

Two-Cents!

Guest Paul (MVP)
I dont know if it works 100% the same way....but RememberTheMilk along with MilkSync can do the same. If I'm not mistaken, on RTM, you can share lists. The positive side is that you dont need to use WinMo exclusively. PC & Mac & iPhone users can access the same data....which may be a benefit for some.

MilkSync does require a pro subscription which is a downside to this...

I use RTM for close to a year now I think, and depend on it for ALOT of uses. Other than day-to-day tasks, I use it for recurring bill reminders as well.

The Vito solution is a nice looking app tho!

Two-Cents!

I do like RTM, downer was it was a) not cheap and :rolleyes: used the awful WinMo standard tasks client... unless you installed another 3rd party app for the actual tasks bit.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Be interested to hear your thoughts Nick, and what you think of the iPhone version!

I'm only really scratching the surface of it's functionality atm, but it does seem very powerful and has the scope to become a real must-have!

P

Guest nickcornaglia

downloaded the iphone app and will give it a play. May I also add that the web portion is laid out perfectly to be snached up by google and added to their apps! :rolleyes:

Guest nickcornaglia

Tried to leave them feedback on the recurring tasks. Their CAPTCHA is broken and keeps saying wrong CAPTCHA everytime I type a new one in to submit. Here is what I tried to send them if you get a chance to pass it on:

RECURRING TASKS please! Just bought the iPhone version and am using the web version. I cant find recurring tasks which is definitely necessary for me to switch from RememberTheMilk for recurring bills. Please consider it. Thanks!

Guest nickcornaglia

Seems Google have a lightweight Task manager in their labs...may turn out to be a competitor eventually as well....well, minus the WM/iPhone/etc mobile clients initially! :rolleyes:

Anyone else read through the terms of use? :rolleyes:

Information and Materials Provided By You

Unless otherwise specifically provided herein, any materials or information submitted to, sent through or in connection with this Website by you (“User Materials”), will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and immediately become the property of Vito Technology, subject to any privacy policies posted on this Website. Vito Technology may use such User Materials as it deems fit, anywhere in the world, without obligation for compensation, and free of any moral rights, intellectual property rights and/or other proprietary rights in or to such User Materials.

Are they owned by Google? :)

Guest nickcornaglia

So now they own my shopping list, home repairs list, and bills-to-pay list.....

...now to just find a way to get them to pay for all that and the 99 cents the app costs will be well worth it! :rolleyes:

Guest nickcornaglia

Their CAPTCHA is still broken on their feedback form. The iPhone client is nice. Fast. Good looking with little animations in iPhone style. Lack of recurring tasks is a downer for me. Didnt try the sharing yet. Will be a cool app one day....needs a little bit of enhancement before I give up RTM.

Guest Sir_Brizz

@SMYKUL

I sent them an email asking about that. Here's what they sent back:

Hello!

This is a mistake that will be corrected shortly!

Thank you for sending us the feedback!

Happy Holidays!

Best regards,

Olga Shtaub

Community manager

VITO Technology Ltd.

Needless to say, I'll be placing my order now.

Edit: Also, seems that the $0.99 price is good until they do their next major update, as noted here.

Special $0.99 offer is valid until the OFFLINE MODE release. The update will be free for customers who purchase Task2Gather now.

Hopefully that doesn't mean that we won't get the collaborative online features of the software once they release that...

Edited by Sir_Brizz

@SMYKUL

I sent them an email asking about that. Here's what they sent back:

Needless to say, I'll be placing my order now.

Edit: Also, seems that the $0.99 price is good until they do their next major update, as noted here.

Hopefully that doesn't mean that we won't get the collaborative online features of the software once they release that...

Thanks Sir_Brizz, I've just ordered two copies :rolleyes:

Guest Monolithix

Anyone else on the HD having problems entering the password? I can put my email in fine but nothing happens when i try to type in my password.

Am I missing something obvious?

Guest VitOlga

The Privacy Policy Agreement has been fixed.

What's wrong with Captcha??? It works fine for me... What browser do you use?

Monolithix, have you registered at Task2Gather? Before using the Task2Gather as online task manager you should create your own account. Your e-mail is used as a login name.

Edited by VitOlga

Guest Monolithix

VitOlga - Yep, i'm registered and it's working fine online. But when I try to log in on my phone no characters are displayed in the password box when I try to enter it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.