how long does it take for gps to start up using gps test v 1.04

Guest darklordofthesith

Guest darklordofthesith

i installed the modaco tweak pack for my bj2 and am trying to test it but it seems to hang at gps starting up. the funny thing is i have a 1D in the fix box in the upper right corner. does it take long or is it not working. any reply would be appreciated. thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bruno Araujo
i installed the modaco tweak pack for my bj2 and am trying to test it but it seems to hang at gps starting up. the funny thing is i have a 1D in the fix box in the upper right corner. does it take long or is it not working. any reply would be appreciated. thanks.

I'm experiencing just the same on my BJ2. Have you got it working, or is still facing this problem?

Guest darklordofthesith
I'm experiencing just the same on my BJ2. Have you got it working, or is still facing this problem?

nope still the same thing. for the life of me it hangs on that.

Guest Cat on a PC©

I downloaded and installed the GPSActivator cab.

Starting up GPStest 1.4, it searches for an available COM and then starts up pretty much straight away. After a couple of minutes it has a good lock on several satellites.

I have an Australian carrier Samsung i617t so my success may be due to how my device has been set up.

Guest Nottach

i installed chartcross and when i first ran it it searched the com4, found it, then went to a black dot and gps off. my LSK is empty and the RSK is the menu. the second time i ran it it hung at looking for gps unit. still no LSK. whats up with that? haven't used it since 6.0, im trying to get mapquest navigator to work. which always comes back "server error" and wont even initialize.

Guest darklordofthesith

finally got it to work. I just used the ms based gps settings changed the one setting from stand alone to ms based and the gps lit up like christmas. I will now finally put garmin xt back on and all should be good.

Guest drdownload
finally got it to work. I just used the ms based gps settings changed the one setting from stand alone to ms based and the gps lit up like christmas. I will now finally put garmin xt back on and all should be good.

is there anyone from outside the us / outside of att that could bring up agps (ms-based) on his bj2.

I think I have tried nearly everything I cant get it to work in austria. (not even to show up)

Guest Cat on a PC©

What's ms based?

Guest darklordofthesith

installed garmin xt 5.0 and everything works like a charm. I wonder if I set it to stand alone if it will still work. but everything is running smooth as of now.

Guest darklordofthesith

for some reason the gps when using garmin constantly loses the gps signal. maybe because the weather here in pennsylvania has been rainy and foggy. plus I just bought a 16 gig micro sd card so I have to install garmin over again. because the card is tagged to the original installation.

Guest drdownload

is there a way to check if agps is enabled on my bj2. After a hard reset I entered the agps server of my provider in the registry. sat fix takes between 30s and 10 min. doesnt seem link a working agps. but perhaps its even slowing down. no idea.