Bricked Omnia Fixable? (Omnia Logo and Blue screen with dots) FIXED!!!

Guest floriske.nl

Guest floriske.nl

Yesterday I tried to run the official XKHJ3 updater from the dutch Samsung site:

http://nl.samsungmobile.com/pmgmvst.do?vis...55&coflag=0

After copying the files to the phone I got the message that I could disconnect the phone, after I did this nothing happened.

The phone kept displaying the Omnia logo for ages and after waiting for quite some time I decided to restart the phone.

The only thing I get is the omnia logo and after a while a blue screen with white dots.

I tried to reflash (using winconfig to enable the button in the flash program), but than I got the message that the latest software was allready installed.

Tried a few times, but than I got the message that the battery level was too low.

Will the phone charge when I connect it and is there any way to flash the official XKHJ3 ROM anyhow (e.g. using Grandpix)?

Or is the only solution to send the phone to a samsung service center?

Edited by floriske.nl

stay cool man, i think you'll get your phone back really soon!

full charge your omnia, then reflash it using grand prix 1.6.4 or any rom released by secany. that's all!

because you have the 'omnia' screen, bootloader is up and running. a proof of that is:

I tried to reflash (using winconfig to enable the button in the flash program), but than I got the message that the latest software was allready installed.

you see? your phone is still communicating with your computer.

it's just a matter of reflash.

edit: here are the download link files provided by secany.

http://rapidshare.com/files/163010630/i900...XKHJ3.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/163016842/i900...XKHJ3.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/163004917/i900...XKHJ3.part3.rar

Edited by lufeig

Guest floriske.nl
stay cool man, i think you'll get your phone back really soon!

full charge your omnia, then reflash it using grand prix 1.6.4 or any rom released by secany. that's all!

because you have the 'omnia' screen, bootloader is up and running. a proof of that is:

you see? your phone is still communicating with your computer.

it's just a matter of reflash.

That sounds good!!

But is it possible to reflash it with the same (official) XKHJ3 ROM with Grand Prix?

Edit: And do I need to charge it for a certain time, or will the power led still turn green when it's fully charged?

Edited by floriske.nl

yep, there's a thread about 'cooking roms'.

read it, you'll learn how to convert an .exe updater into .bin files that can be used in grand prix 1.6.4

good luck!

edit: try to charge it for 2 hours, then flash it. after a successful flash, hard reset it. then everything is gonna be fine, and your x-mas and new year will be great with your omnia

Edited by lufeig

Guest floriske.nl

THX for your info!

I'll try it tonight and post the results here! Let's hope all goes well!

Edit: Can charging it for about 4 hours damage the phone? If not I can drive home in my break, hook it up to the charger and try it immediatelly when I get home from work.

Edited by floriske.nl

Guest floriske.nl
ok! we'll be waiting for your report about your successful attempt!

Am I looking in the wrong places or just being dumb here, but can't seem to find a download and information for grand prix 1.6.4 (only 1.6.2)

Edit: I did find the dutch XKHJ3 rom by secany, is it possible to use (and is it guaranteed to be the same as the official ROM?)that one and should it work or will I get the same error message?

Edit2: Sorry for being such a pain in the *ss :rolleyes:

Just found out that although Samsung placed the ROM on the dutch download site a few days ago the release date is the 17th of november, Secany released his on november 19th so i recon it will be the same.

I'll just try secany's ROM first and we'll see what happens

Edited by floriske.nl

Guest floriske.nl

One more question:

If Secany's XKHJ3 ROM doesn't work either, is there any step by step guide for Grand Prix 1.6.4.? I found the software, but can't find a clear guide for it (only for flashing to unofficial HH1 ROM, but not for flashing original ROMS) and some say all you need to do is update the PDA rom and some say phone ROM must be flashed as well :S

As far as I found dutch XKHJ3 only updates PDA, not phone.

Sample result of a succesfull flash:

pda i900xkhj3/xkhj3

tel: i900xxhh1

Don't wanna completely mess up the phone because of possible warranty issues.

Edited by floriske.nl

Guest floriske.nl

UPDATE: THE PHONE IS WORKING AGAIN!!!! but not completely like it should yet.

Right, here's what I did:

-Flashed Secany's XKHJ3 Rom which gave me an error like "Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed" before it started updating the phone (eventhough I have the modem driver installed) Killing the Activesync proces did the trick

-Restarted the phone and then got a white phone icon with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle on screen

-Performed a hard reset and again got a white phone icon with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle on screen

-After waiting for a while the update to finish and the phone to restart I got the language selection screen and selected Dutch

-Got a message that the phone had to restart, after which I could align the screen etc.

-performed a hard reset just to be sure

-So far so good, the phone works again but each time I turn on the phone it shows the White phone icon with the exclamation markt which should meen something's wrong I guess, but the phone works like it should :S

any ideas how to solve this last problem?

Thx for all the help Lufeig, if you where a pretty girl I would give you a big kiss :rolleyes: now you'll have to do with a Major Thanks!!

Edited by floriske.nl

i prefer to skip the big kiss part!

did you manage to fix the "phone with exclamation mark"? it appears when the phone part hasn't been properly flashed. if it ever happens again, just flash the phone part and you'll be fine!

Guest regenboog250
Am I looking in the wrong places or just being dumb here, but can't seem to find a download and information for grand prix 1.6.4 (only 1.6.2)

Edit: I did find the dutch XKHJ3 rom by secany, is it possible to use (and is it guaranteed to be the same as the official ROM?)that one and should it work or will I get the same error message?

Edit2: Sorry for being such a pain in the *ss :rolleyes:

Just found out that although Samsung placed the ROM on the dutch download site a few days ago the release date is the 17th of november, Secany released his on november 19th so i recon it will be the same.

I'll just try secany's ROM first and we'll see what happens

Can you tell me where to find the Grandprix Software. Many regards,

regenboog

Guest floriske.nl
i prefer to skip the big kiss part!

Lol, I recon you aren't a pretty girl, so you won't get it either :(

did you manage to fix the "phone with exclamation mark"? it appears when the phone part hasn't been properly flashed. if it ever happens again, just flash the phone part and you'll be fine!

Yeah it's fixed! When the flahs program got to the phone part it showed the mentioned USB error and didn't run further.

After killing the Active Sync proces it connected propperly and completed the flash like it should, after which the "phone with exclamation mark" was gone as well.

ok don't wanna rush you ......it is tomorrow :rolleyes:

Lol, impatient bugger aren't you? :)

------

All in all here's what did the trick for me (a bit clearer than the above post with all the strikethroughs :():

-Kill the Active Sync proces

-Start Secany's updater

-Connect the phone

-Turn on the phone

-Press start

-Start praying and wait till the update process is completely finished

-Disconnect the phone

-Choose my desired language

-let the phone restart

-Hard reset

And we're back in business, once again thx!

Edited by floriske.nl

Guest roccoennicole

:) :( B) Yes Yes Yes :P :( :D

Glad tomorrow came quickly.

Works Fine.

Turned my dutch omnia from vodafone branded version PDA : i900XKHG5/ARHG5

Phone : i900BUHG5

Into : unbranded version PDA : i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3

Phone : i900XXHI4

using :

-Hard Reset the phone using Windows Startbutton instellingen Harde Reset. So that phone is back to default setup

-turn of the phone and disconnect it from usb port

-Kill the Active Sync proces using cancel

-Start Secany's updater (http://rapidshare.com/files/163010630/i900...XKHJ3.part1.rar) (http://rapidshare.com/files/163016842/i900...XKHJ3.part2.rar) (http://rapidshare.com/files/163004917/i900...XKHJ3.part3.rar)

-Connect the phone

-Turn on the phone

-It will get recognised automaticly

-Press start

-Start praying and wait till the update process is completely finished

-Disconnect the phone

-Leave open the secany updater software

-Phone seems to hang on startup samsung omnialogo

-Hard reset was needed here (press reset and hold down both hardware buttons a.k.a. 'Call button' and 'Hangup button')

-Connect phone again

-updater software picks up again and does the rest of the installation

-Choose my desired language

-let the phone restart

-Hard reset

TnX a million to everyone that made this possible especially floriske.nl, have merry X mas and a :rolleyes: new year.

Now I have only one problem left.....I cannot get rid of this big smile on my face, I guess it will be there for a couple of days.

Edited by roccoennicole

Guest warlock1280

Hey guys.

I wonder if u guys can help me. My omnia is stuck on the white omnia logo screen (due to ROM upgrade gone wrong). Iv tried to flash it with official DXHJ1 because i cant seem to download secany's ROM files because rapidshare not working for me.

The DXHJ1 updater picks up my phone- "PDA-Ready to download files", but wen i press start it gives me this...

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!

I know its christmas n all but im really bummed bout my omnia being a vegetable. . .

If anyone can help il be forever gratefull ! ! !

P.S i cant seem to kill the activesync process, it stays in my taskbar. only options wen i ryt click it are: OPEN MICROSOFT ACTIVESYNC and CONNECTION SETTINGS...

Edited by warlock1280

you may try with the DXHL2 rom available in the thread i started.

it's a rom released by secany, but with many apps stripped off. grandprix 1.6.4 is inside the .rar file; a guide on grandprix is included too.

good luck!

Guest warlock1280
you may try with the DXHL2 rom available in the thread i started.

it's a rom released by secany, but with many apps stripped off. grandprix 1.6.4 is inside the .rar file; a guide on grandprix is included too.

good luck!

I think the real problem is some rom updates have the "tick box to check that ur device is connected" while others just detect it automatically. wen i tick that 1st box it says no device detected, i cant seem to make a connection via active sync,maybe because of the white omnia logo...but u said my bootloader is working... so wat can it be?

Guest warlock1280

WoooooooooooHoooooooooooooo ITS FIXED!!!!

updated my omnia with ur DXHL2 using grand prix.

geez Storage: 156mb free

Program: 50mb free

Thanks alot man! finally got my vegetable omnia working again!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got stuck on the white omnia screen as well after trying to run the offical vodafone upgrade.

I'm now downloading the DHXL2 rom from lufeig and am keeping my fingers crossed that it'll work.

Fantastic!!!! It worked immediately.

THANK YOU

Edited by Pete2

• 3 months later...
Guest beffie

hello

can i ask you guys a question?

i've got the same problem as floriske my pda part is flashing just fine with secany rom, but my phone won't flash! even when i killed the active sync part.

pda is now xkhj3 and phone is buhg5

is this because ive got an branded vodafone rom?

here is what i did (maybe i did something wrong)

start secany rom updater

hard reset my phone

turned the phone off

connect the phone with usb cable

turned phone on

secany updater started

green bar is uploading in my phone

after a while its says pda is flashed correctly and then its starts downloading multi languages

when thats done it wants to create a usb port

create port 35 error

create port 34 error etc...

FAILED...

then i've disconnected the phone, because it didn't do anything.

hard reset

now i've got the exclamation mark but after showing that for a while the phone started

nice new samsung logo and windows 6.1 etc...

choose language and calibrate screen

now i can use phone as normal but in my phone it says pda: xkhj3 tel: buhg5

then i go to start/config/connection/usb connection/ and disable the active sync by setting it to mass storage mode

turned phone off

connect phone to pc where secany updater still waits for me

turned phone on

still exclamation mark and secany doesn't see my phone :lol:

what to do next?

please help

greetings beffie (ps nice casemods :lol: )

UPDATE: THE PHONE IS WORKING AGAIN!!!! but not completely like it should yet.

Right, here's what I did:

-Flashed Secany's XKHJ3 Rom which gave me an error like "Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed" before it started updating the phone (eventhough I have the modem driver installed) Killing the Activesync proces did the trick

-Restarted the phone and then got a white phone icon with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle on screen

-Performed a hard reset and again got a white phone icon with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle on screen

-After waiting for a while the update to finish and the phone to restart I got the language selection screen and selected Dutch

-Got a message that the phone had to restart, after which I could align the screen etc.

-performed a hard reset just to be sure

-So far so good, the phone works again but each time I turn on the phone it shows the White phone icon with the exclamation markt which should meen something's wrong I guess, but the phone works like it should :S

any ideas how to solve this last problem?

Thx for all the help Lufeig, if you where a pretty girl I would give you a big kiss :D now you'll have to do with a Major Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TTT345

Kan jij me helpen ik heb het zelfde probleem met mijn Omnia ik krijg het logo niet verwijderd

Yesterday I tried to run the official XKHJ3 updater from the dutch Samsung site:

http://nl.samsungmobile.com/pmgmvst.do?vis...55&coflag=0

After copying the files to the phone I got the message that I could disconnect the phone, after I did this nothing happened.

The phone kept displaying the Omnia logo for ages and after waiting for quite some time I decided to restart the phone.

The only thing I get is the omnia logo and after a while a blue screen with white dots.

Tried a few times, but than I got the message that the battery level was too low.

Will the phone charge when I connect it and is there any way to flash the official XKHJ3 ROM anyhow (e.g. using Grandpix)?

Or is the only solution to send the phone to a samsung service center?

• 1 month later...
Guest Heintraag

Done. Upgraded my previously branded Vodafone samsung to a non-branded XKHJ3 rom phone.

Using the instructions from floriske.nl it was done in minutes. No hassle no worries. Just follow these instructions and your omnia wil be running fine.

Having played with it for 15 mins now i can say it does act faster and also the GPS seems to pick up the signal better and stronger then before which is usefull as i use the phone for geocaching as wel :D.

So, thanks again for the information.

• 3 months later...
Guest SamsungOmniai900V
hello

can i ask you guys a question?

i've got the same problem as floriske my pda part is flashing just fine with secany rom, but my phone won't flash! even when i killed the active sync part.

pda is now xkhj3 and phone is buhg5

is this because ive got an branded vodafone rom?

here is what i did (maybe i did something wrong)

start secany rom updater

hard reset my phone

turned the phone off

connect the phone with usb cable

turned phone on

secany updater started

green bar is uploading in my phone

after a while its says pda is flashed correctly and then its starts downloading multi languages

when thats done it wants to create a usb port

create port 35 error

create port 34 error etc...

FAILED...

then i've disconnected the phone, because it didn't do anything.

hard reset

now i've got the exclamation mark but after showing that for a while the phone started

nice new samsung logo and windows 6.1 etc...

choose language and calibrate screen

now i can use phone as normal but in my phone it says pda: xkhj3 tel: buhg5

then i go to start/config/connection/usb connection/ and disable the active sync by setting it to mass storage mode

turned phone off

connect phone to pc where secany updater still waits for me

turned phone on

still exclamation mark and secany doesn't see my phone :D

what to do next?

please help

greetings beffie (ps nice casemods :) )

I've got this problem too. The phone is working, but the phoneversion is still the same. Only PDA is flashed.

The same thing went wrong, my USB disconnected and the installation was failed.

Is it a problem that the phone is not correctly flashed, and will give it problems? And what's the right way to flash my Omnia? I followed the steps, but still it went wrong (I do killed Active sync, so I don't know what went wrong).