How to: Flash using Vista

Guest pidsw

I tried this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=424212

with grandprix XP 1.64 and userupdater 1.64 XP on Vista and it worked.

Previously I would get a "jump failed" when uploading a phone.

I am currently using luefig ultra light DK3/HL1 and HL2 Phone.bin updated over top.

Waiting for I900L phone.bin...

Note that grandprix Vista 1.64 will crash with these drivers installed.

Hope that helps...

Credit to Paul.

Guest ehsanuetian
I tried this

I am currently using luefig ultra light DK3/HL1 and HL2 Phone.bin updated over top.

Hope that helps...

Credit to Paul.

May this will also be useable :rolleyes:

SamsungModem_vista.zip

May this will also be useable :rolleyes:

I noticed that this file included the x64 Samsung CDMA driver. Does this mean it can possibly be used in the future for Grand Prix updates? I tried but the device isn't being detected properly by Grand Prix on x64 Vista Ultimate. :)

I am not sure about the latter question, but I do know that the files mentioned seem to overwrite the vista modem drivers.

The vista modem drivers + Grandprix Vista got me through the bootloader and pda a 32 bit machine and then crashed when trying to update the phone. I got nowhere on Vista 64.

Aside: I don't think that this makes a differendce, but while playing around with the Vista 32 modem drivers, I set the port to 3 and I disabled the "fifo write back option.

I am not sure about the latter question, but I do know that the files mentioned seem to overwrite the vista modem drivers.

The vista modem drivers + Grandprix Vista got me through the bootloader and pda a 32 bit machine and then crashed when trying to update the phone. I got nowhere on Vista 64.

Aside: I don't think that this makes a differendce, but while playing around with the Vista 32 modem drivers, I set the port to 3 and I disabled the "fifo write back option.

Yeah. I tried it on my Vista x64 since all my machines have been migrated to it but also got nowhere. :rolleyes:

What do you mean on "userupdater 1.64 XP"?

I just noticed that he did say userupdater. I'm also curious as to what this is. :)

Guest kingroach

Just updated to DXHL2 using windows 7 beta 1 ( build 7000).. Didnt use any additional drivers. Just installed Windows mobile device center 6.1 and plugged in the phone. It detected and installed the driver. Restarted the phone with cable attached and it installed some more drivers like Samsung USB modem sync etc.. After everything was detected, turned off the phone. Started Grandprix 1.6.4 with administrator control. Seleted csc, pda, phone and bootloader. Unchecked 'Start Auto Download". Pressed detect button and then started the phone. After the phone was detected pressed download.. Everything was done in 5 mins.

Edited by kingroach

Just updated to DXHL2 using windows 7 beta 1 ( build 7000).. Didnt use any additional drivers. Just installed Windows mobile device center 6.1 and plugged in the phone. It detected and installed the driver. Restarted the phone with cable attached and it installed some more drivers like Samsung USB modem sync etc.. After everything was detected, turned off the phone. Started Grandprix 1.6.4 with administrator control. Seleted csc, pda, phone and bootloader. Unchecked 'Start Auto Download". Pressed detect button and then started the phone. After the phone was detected pressed download.. Everything was done in 5 mins.

That's really good news. Which GrandPrix have you used, Vista or XP version?

Guest finaldestiny

you, my friend, are one brave chap. I'm using Windows 7 as well and I still won't dare update my precious on it. Good to know it works though.

Guest kingroach

lol.. now I am thinking about it.. it was bit foolish.. I was trying to flash the phone in a beta os and on top of using softwares that not that stable either.

lol.. now I am thinking about it.. it was bit foolish.. I was trying to flash the phone in a beta os and on top of using softwares that not that stable either.

Still, it was quite a feat! :) Also, the fact that Windows 7 includes the driver by default is quite promising as well! I just hope x64 be supported for flashing soon since I really migrated everything to x64 already. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest niteshk123
I tried this

Hope that helps...

Credit to Paul.

Finally after doing lots of research along with a good soul, I found the solution to this error of 'Jump Failed' and it works on Vista. You may be interested mostly in page 2 and 3 of the thread. Enjoy .....

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussio...i900xxhj4mshj1/