FM Radio

Guest Socrates

Guest Socrates

The Radio application is a mixed bag in this thing.

On the one hand it's got incredible recption and sound quality. On the other hand, you have to live with the wired headset as it won't work without it. Plus you can accidentally wipe out all your presets with one accidental click on the FIRST item in the context menu.

Plus, it never ceases to amaze me that these kinds of devices get only the FM treatment. I can listen to my 4 gigs of music on the card using my bluetooth headset. What I REALLY want in the next s7xx is AM radio so I can get live news and talk radio while I'm out hiking, biking, or working dagnabit.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
The Radio application is a mixed bag in this thing.

On the one hand it's got incredible recption and sound quality. On the other hand, you have to live with the wired headset as it won't work without it. Plus you can accidentally wipe out all your presets with one accidental click on the FIRST item in the context menu.

Plus, it never ceases to amaze me that these kinds of devices get only the FM treatment. I can listen to my 4 gigs of music on the card using my bluetooth headset. What I REALLY want in the next s7xx is AM radio so I can get live news and talk radio while I'm out hiking, biking, or working dagnabit.

Why they don't embed a streaming 3G 'radio' player with presets? - similar to the software you get from Asus on the Eee.

I'd assume fairly easy to implement.

M.S

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Calvin.

Sorry, I can only say the FM radio reception sucks. I really looked forward to have FM in my new smartphone but with this ... it would have been better without it.

The only way I get fairly good reception is when I "give the antenna a hand", i.e. when I touch the headset cable. Of course, I could run around always clenching the cable but that's not what I had in mind when I wanted to use the FM radio.

I checked the cable, it seems ok, no on-off behavior during "reception" when moving and bending the cable.