hy guys!

Guest kupo88

hi to all and good holidays!!!

I was searching for ROM installation guide but i cant find them, so i'd like to know if I can install the custom rom even if my phone is PDA:i900xihj1\aihj1 Phone: i900aihi7, and even if after I installed a custom rom I can revert back to the original one...

sorry for my english but I'm Italian, and I'm a newbie of the i900 scene...(went from symbian scene :rolleyes: :) )

thanks in advice for the help!

Guest meabigbaldguy
hi to all and good holidays!!!

I was searching for ROM installation guide but i cant find them, so i'd like to know if I can install the custom rom even if my phone is PDA:i900xihj1\aihj1 Phone: i900aihi7, and even if after I installed a custom rom I can revert back to the original one...

sorry for my english but I'm Italian, and I'm a newbie of the i900 scene...(went from symbian scene :rolleyes: :) )

thanks in advice for the help!

Go to Samsung's Omnia website for instructions on flashing a new ROM. Follow them carefully and remember that flashing a new ROM can kill your phone if something goes wrong.

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/it/sub02_xp.jsp

When you have finished flashing the new ROM, you will have to re-install all of your own software, re-load all of your contacts (easy if you use active sync with MS Outlook), and re-configure all of the phone's settings. The only data that you won't lose is what is on My Storage and the Storage Card.

You can revert back to your original ROM, but you will have to flash it again like you are flashing a new ROM. But as far as I know, there is no way to restore it like a System Restore on a PC. Also, you must have a copy of your original ROM available for installation. There are thousands of ROMs out there, and if yours is a custom ROM, then you may be able to find it somewhere on the internet. If it is a factory ROM, you may still be able to find it, but remember that Samsung releases new ROMs almost on a weekly basis.

Hope this helps!