Who made this Excellent ROM ?

Guest M Seif

Sorry not mentioning your name here! I have put too many great applications into my ROM. Thank you very much.

No need to do that :rolleyes:.

For questions concerning arabic settings, I may try to make a CAB with original files.

It's not the point about arabic settings.

If you look at \Windows\wince.nls file in your ROM it has 220kb and Regional Settings doesn't have some languages (in my case it's polish).

We can't put it there after the ROM flashing as this file is being read by system very early - overwriting it makes the system unstable (like SMS view disappearing).

I've tried to replace this file in your ROM but you've removed rcu files and I'm unable to recook it :(. So my big request is to put wince.nls file from official ROM (it contains all the languages). I belive on HL2 it's size is near 800kb AFAIR.

Of course I can use another Regional Settings (like English) and customize it but then web browser introduces to pages that I'm englishman - for example youtube or google redirects me to uk.youtube.com or google.co.uk and I want to be redirected to pl.youtube.com and www.google.pl :).

Looking forward for new version of your very very cool ROM.

Guest Khuanchai
No need to do that :rolleyes:.

It's not the point about arabic settings.

If you look at \Windows\wince.nls file in your ROM it has 220kb and Regional Settings doesn't have some languages (in my case it's polish).

We can't put it there after the ROM flashing as this file is being read by system very early - overwriting it makes the system unstable (like SMS view disappearing).

I've tried to replace this file in your ROM but you've removed rcu files and I'm unable to recook it :(. So my big request is to put wince.nls file from official ROM (it contains all the languages). I belive on HL2 it's size is near 800kb AFAIR.

Of course I can use another Regional Settings (like English) and customize it but then web browser introduces to pages that I'm englishman - for example youtube or google redirects me to uk.youtube.com or google.co.uk and I want to be redirected to pl.youtube.com and www.google.pl :).

Looking forward for new version of your very very cool ROM.

OK, I got this. However, I can't see the wince.nls in the original ROM. They may use another file for the regional settings. Anyone knows about this?

I think the easiest way to correct this problem is to remove nls.lnk in /windows/startup. This will make the system using original files. Please let me know if this works for you.

OK, I got this. However, I can't see the wince.nls in the original ROM. They may use another file for the regional settings. Anyone knows about this?

I think the easiest way to correct this problem is to remove nls.lnk in /windows/startup. This will make the system using original files. Please let me know if this works for you.

That file is in XIP folder (not in OEM).

I've already tried to remove nls.lnk from startup but it didn't do the trick :rolleyes:.

Guest Khuanchai
That file is in XIP folder (not in OEM).

I've already tried to remove nls.lnk from startup but it didn't do the trick :rolleyes:.

Thanks, qbus. Will check this and come back soon.

Guest bobobird
I am not really an expert to tell you about what is removed and what is added, also not in GPS and youtube videos, but here are some shots , I hope it can tell you .

I suggest you try it ( Sector I know you from this forum and you can definitely judge better) .

I wish someone ( or the Chef) can tell us where we can read more about it, may be to wait for his new roms as well.

Your capture 3 is showing vodaphone and audio voice dial - these are NOT in this rom.

If you have installed something that provides that voice dial please tell us what it is and how it works.

Thanks

One remark Khuanchai

I noticed that sometimes when I go out from Today screen into some programs and then get back to it, I do not find M2D , but a remark on the screen " Touch here to launch M2D " .

This is not normal , right ?

Edited by M Seif

Guest bobobird

Review - hardly possible at this stage of the rom.

And there is no audio voice dial contrary to the pics posted earlier.

Firstly as already mentioned dates are set in Thai and the year 2551 - that in itself is already a turn-off.

But nice to see more cooks coming on with their creations and if this one persists he will have a really nice on for us to try.

Going back to the taril one now.

Your capture 3 is showing vodaphone and audio voice dial - these are NOT in this rom.

If you have installed something that provides that voice dial please tell us what it is and how it works.

Thanks

1- The Vodafone icon is probably from my service provider in Egypt, as soon as you insert the SIM, it automatically configure and it is a service for me to pay Bill, or recharge the card/account , sorry I can not tell you more , I never used it.

2- The Voice dial is a Cyberon program that I have since my TyTn and I install on all roms and sets I get. it is working fine , except no BT headset connection for this program on the Samsung Omnia !!!! Sorry if I installed before taking those shots. It is something like Microsoft Voive Command but only to dial the contacts by saying their names loudly.

3- I do not know about the Thai year , most of the users as shown here, do noy have this problem, it is very normal rom in that aspect. I do not dare ask you to hard reset before and after the rom, probably you want to give it another try.

Edited by M Seif

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
One remark Khuanchai

I noticed that sometimes when I go out from Today screen into some programs and then get back to it, I do not find M2D , but a remark on the screen " Touch here to launch M2D " .

This is not normal , right ?

Just a guess, but I think Windows Mobile kills background processes when there's not enough memory for the foreground task/app. Thus, if you're using a memory hungry app, it's highly possible that it is the reason Manila2D gets stopped.

Or, maybe an app you're using has memory leaks, which causes background tasks to be killed, after an amount of use...

Suggest: Try to soft-reset, run the offending app before any other and see if Manila2D is still there or not.

Guest bobobird
1- The Vodafone icon is probably from my service provider in Egypt, as soon as you insert the SIM, it automatically configure and it is a service for me to pay Bill, or recharge the card/account , sorry I can not tell you more , I never used it.

2- The Voice dial is a Cyberon program that I have since my TyTn and I install on all roms and sets I get. it is working fine , except no BT headset connection for this program on the Samsung Omnia !!!! Sorry if I installed before taking those shots. It is something like Microsoft Voive Command but only to dial the contacts by saying their names loudly.

3- I do not know about the Thai year , most of the users as shown here, do noy have this problem, it is very normal rom in that aspect. I do not dare ask you to hard reset before and after the rom, probably you want to give it another try.

thx for the info

btw, i always hard reset before and after an upgrade

Just a guess, but I think Windows Mobile kills background processes when there's not enough memory for the foreground task/app. Thus, if you're using a memory hungry app, it's highly possible that it is the reason Manila2D gets stopped.

Or, maybe an app you're using has memory leaks, which causes background tasks to be killed, after an amount of use...

Suggest: Try to soft-reset, run the offending app before any other and see if Manila2D is still there or not.

Thank you for the advice, I will give it a try.

Guest Khuanchai

Friends,

I have modified my customized ROM after the regional settings problem. This is almost the same as the previous ROM but uses original Omnia regional settings and fonts. New versions of Google maps and enhanced GPS added.

http://rapidshare.com/files/178187106/M2D_..._noThai_PDA.zip

Please let me know if you still have problems or questions.

Guest bobobird
...enhanced GPS added...

I see you have QuickGps installed in the first version, so presume that this is the same or improved. How does this compare to the enhanced gps that is already built into the original ROM ?? Both download the same data (different names).

Thanks

Friends,

I have modified my customized ROM after the regional settings problem. This is almost the same as the previous ROM but uses original Omnia regional settings and fonts. New versions of Google maps and enhanced GPS added.

http://rapidshare.com/files/178187106/M2D_..._noThai_PDA.zip

Please let me know if you still have problems or questions.

BIG thanks!! Downloading and flashing now :rolleyes:.

Ok, I gotit installed, but how to add the widget to Manila 2D?

Also how do I change the home wallpaper, it doesnt work from the settings?

Another bug I found, u cant click on the battery icon in the taskbar, it goes to system sound etc... not teh battery life...

Edited by Ricc

Ok, I gotit installed, but how to add the widget to Manila 2D?

Also how do I change the home wallpaper, it doesnt work from the settings?

You need to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml in \Windows directory.

I've flashed my Omnia with this ROM and must say this is exactly what I needed :rolleyes:. Everything works fine !!! Big thanks :).

Im not really great with this, how to do it... Im a noob... could u explain me. Also I tried installing the Audio Manager but this one doesnt even show up in programs?

PhotoAlbum works but cant get them integrated in Manila...

It woudl be perfect this Rom otherwise...

Im not really great with this, how to do it... Im a noob... could u explain me. Also I tried installing the Audio Manager but this one doesnt even show up in programs?

PhotoAlbum works but cant get them integrated in Manila...

It woudl be perfect this Rom otherwise...

Maybe let's wait for the author of the ROM how it should be made properly.

Consider also using S2P and S2V (the second one is already integrated) as they offer similar functionality (S2P is even better then HTC Audio for me) and don't eat so much memory.

Ok thanks... S2P is taht the Samsung player? I realised that the Samsung Player isnt that bad, the library is pretty cool :-)

It would have been nice to integrate it in Manila, and I guess Audio Manager is better that way.

I guess I'm waiting for the Author.

4 SMALL Bugs in this Rom I realised.

1) Go Settings - Buttons -> Under Button u have the program name instead of the button name.

2) Youtube Play Bookmark doesnt function on Internet Tab

3) Clicking on Battery shows System Volume instead Battery Life...

4) One time short click lower (Camera Button -red) on teh right side does only work for long holding clicks....

But the best ROM so far!

Edited by Ricc