HTC Touch HD

Guest mikeact

Guest mikeact

I would appreciate a word or two of advice. As ordered, Santa Claus kindly delivered 1 x HTC Touch HD as promised. However, I am struggling with one or two issues.

1. I cannot change the Today screen from anything other than the HTC version, despite going into Settings/Today and generally playing around with the options shown

2. Coupled with this, how do you add on selected items to appear in the today screen ? I have ticked relevant boxes but to no avail.

And 3...the background colour always appears to be green...is this correct or can you change it ?

Thanks, and a Happy New Year to one and all.

Mike.

(ps Please feel free to move this into the correct forum as I wasn't sure where it should go.)

Edited by mikeact

Guest datafanatic
I would appreciate a word or two of advice. As ordered, Santa Claus kindly delivered 1 x HTC Touch HD as promised. However, I am struggling with one or two issues.

1. I cannot change the Today screen from anything other than the HTC version, despite going into Settings/Today and generally playing around with the options shown

2. Coupled with this, how do you add on selected items to appear in the today screen ? I have ticked relevant boxes but to no avail.

And 3...the background colour always appears to be green...is this correct or can you change it ?

Thanks, and a Happy New Year to one and all.

Mike.

(ps Please feel free to move this into the correct forum as I wasn't sure where it should go.)

Hi mikeact,

Like you, Santa delivered on his promise, moved from an Omnia to this and WOW!!!

In regards to your questions: The HTC Today Screen or Menu System is called Touch Flo 3D, so if you want to revert to a standard Today screen, you need to untick the Touch Flo 3D (or Manila as its otherwise called) box in Settings/Today/Items. This then answers your second question, once TF3D is disabled, you can add whatever you want to the Today screen via the same Settings/Today/Items.

Finally, the background is green but it can be changed through flashing a cooked ROM. I have done this many a time on my old diamond, and as long as you read VERY CAREFULLY the instructions regarding HardSPL, there are better ROMs out there to make your HD the ultimate WM device.

Have a look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=453 for ROM info and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=452 for general info. Xda-developers is a fantastic site and will open your eyes up to the endless possibilites available for the HD!!

Enjoy

DF :rolleyes:

Edited by datafanatic