Registry and file tree dumper

Guest sztupy

Hy!

Now, this application will do nothing but dump your entire registy and file tree to a file in your root directory. No gui, no nothing, except that it uses .NET CE 3.5 (well yes, an application with this complexity shouldn't even use .NET, but I simply can't resort to a language that doesn't have lambda expressions and closures, sorry :rolleyes: ).

Usage: Simply copy this file to your device, and run it. It will create a registry0.txt (or registry1.txt, etc.) in your root directory, with your registry and file tree information (file name, file length, modification time).

Usability: This tool is mostly to detect changes an installation will do to your device (so to track down what a setup.dll does)

Known errors: The tool won't provide you with a correct registry file (for example it lacks type declarations), but it will provide you enough information to use diff to track down the changes.

RegiTree.exe

Guest bobobird

For registry comparisons, it is possible to export the entire registry (before and after) and then use a pc program like registry workshop to compare the changes.

You can also use CeRegEditor for this (see http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/) I use this one all the time.

However it is nice to have the file trees and to be able to use winmerge rather than the diff tool built into ceRegEditor.

Lamda and Closures are in native C++ in VC10. Hopefuly their Arm support is fine (it should just be a front end change)

Do you use C#?

You can also use CeRegEditor for this (see http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/) I use this one all the time.

However it is nice to have the file trees and to be able to use winmerge rather than the diff tool built into ceRegEditor.

Lamda and Closures are in native C++ in VC10. Hopefuly their Arm support is fine (it should just be a front end change)

Do you use C#?

I also recommend ceRegEditor. It is very useful for comparing your registry after you have changed settings. The relevant part can then be exported and easily made into an XML file which you can reload after a change of ROM for instance.

Guest shokka9

hey sztupy

some guy (princeasi) at xda_devs pointed me to an app called package creator v2.7. its still made by ervius too. i tried it last night and added around 6 apps to my ROM. it built sucessfully and i will flash tonight.

it is one simple app and works fast and stable.

at work, cant access this site here so i am using my omnia.

see what u think of it and i will post later about my ROM.

laterz

Do you use C#?

Lambda and closures are not present in native C++, they will be added to C++0x, everything else is not _native_ :rolleyes: Btw, I used C#.

Do you use C#?

I used PTCMD for this task, but as I found out NO WinMo program is able to export a simple file tree. And the latter is useful too to track down the changes.

hey sztupy

some guy (princeasi) at xda_devs pointed me to an app called package creator v2.7. its still made by ervius too. i tried it last night and added around 6 apps to my ROM. it built sucessfully and i will flash tonight.

laterz

Drop me a link, when you're able

hey sztupy

laterz

Is this newer, older or just different from XDA Developer Wiki Package Tutorial (the link is to Package Creator v5.4 part way through the post)? I have used v5.4 without problems.

Guest shokka9

will do sztupy.

pda512. just checked that out, not sure. google it and download it. maybe you can let us know. i pm'd princeasi and this is what he uses. it was just the issue of whether it would work in our kitchen. i seem to of been sucessful and will flash my new ROM tonightfor confirmation.

it worked very quickly and no instability issues.

laterz

will do sztupy.

pda512. just checked that out, not sure. google it and download it. maybe you can let us know. i pm'd princeasi and this is what he uses. it was just the issue of whether it would work in our kitchen. i seem to of been sucessful and will flash my new ROM tonightfor confirmation.

it worked very quickly and no instability issues.

laterz

Had a look at v2.7 and it looks similar if not much simpler than v5.4. I will stick with the later version for the moment and see what happens when I flash the ROM tomorrow.

Guest shokka9
Had a look at v2.7 and it looks similar if not much simpler than v5.4. I will stick with the later version for the moment and see what happens when I flash the ROM tomorrow.

good, so essentially the same thing. These are much better than the other one i was (tried using - the same one) - sorry Sztupy.

v2.7 was very simple, bt i like that. Will get hold of v5.4 too (already had it, don't like it), compare. Let us know how your ROM goes.

Gonna flash mine shortly. It virtually every thing i would install except M2D & Coreplayer. But working on those.

Take care; Happy New Year everyone, all the best for 2009!!

Edited by shokka9