DXHL2 Full Screen Volume Control - Bell Volume not working

Guest qbus

Does anyone of you noticed that on this big VolumeControl application Bell Volume is not working properly? It changes the values but when you click on the speaker icon on today screen you will get old volume controller with values not changed :rolleyes:.

I've checked that on two roms - new Thai Manila Lite ROM and PDAViet V10.

Anyone with clean DXHL2 can check this and give feedback if this is true?

Guest legendas123
Does anyone of you noticed that on this big VolumeControl application Bell Volume is not working properly? It changes the values but when you click on the speaker icon on today screen you will get old volume controller with values not changed :rolleyes: .

I've checked that on two roms - new Thai Manila Lite ROM and PDAViet V10.

Anyone with clean DXHL2 can check this and give feedback if this is true?

I detected exactly the same problem. It´s true, the VolumeControl never work on those roms!!! :)

I detected exactly the same problem. It´s true, the VolumeControl never work on those roms!!! :rolleyes:

It has also other bugs:

* Favourite Settings -> when entering Audio window it selects Samsung Ringtone everytime;

* After flashing and selecting your detected operator for GPRS settings you have to manually enter Connections and select another operator, then change it back to your one otherwise the auto connecting to internet won't work;

I'm not gonna to use anything basing on this ROM. Stability and expected behaviour of base system components is the most important thing to me.

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

What is this "big Volume Control" application? Can anybody give me some screenshots and/or links? I guess I need a heads-up :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Guest jeffrey2000

I'm using Taril's rom and I don't experience this problem with it. While pressing the hardware volume button the new HL2 'volume dialer' like screen appears. While pressing the volume icon in the start-bar this same screen appears and volume keeps just the way I put it. Only by pressing mute or vibrate it will change both system/bell values but the volume "bubble" never appears anymore at all.

post-438044-1230757096_thumb.jpg

(PDA+PHONE = i900DXHL2)

Edited by jeffrey2000

I'm using Taril's rom and I don't experience this problem with it. While pressing the hardware volume button the new HL2 'volume dialer' like screen appears. While pressing the volume icon in the start-bar this same screen appears and volume keeps just the way I put it. Only by pressing mute or vibrate it will change both system/bell values but the volume "bubble" never appears anymore at all.

post-438044-1230757096_thumb.jpg

(PDA+PHONE = i900DXHL2)

And what if you change to "Bell volume" and set it using new Volume UI? Is it IN fact changing or is it just showing it changes but the ring volume is still the same?

I'm back on track - I've managed how to remove that new Volume UI from my telephone on LH2.

Guest jeffrey2000
And what if you change to "Bell volume" and set it using new Volume UI? Is it IN fact changing or is it just showing it changes but the ring volume is still the same?

I'm back on track - I've managed how to remove that new Volume UI from my telephone on LH2.

Well I can hear the volume in/decreasing while pressing the value's, but when I change the bell volume from vibrate to 1 the system volume also goes to 1, just vibrate/mute kill's all on both.

Well I can hear the volume in/decreasing while pressing the value's, but when I change the bell volume from vibrate to 1 the system volume also goes to 1, just vibrate/mute kill's all on both.

You don't understand my question :rolleyes:.

System volume and ringer volume are separated (except vibrate and mute options).

You can mute system volume but set ringet to let's say 3 and you will have no other sounds except ring.

What I'm saying is that the "Bell volume" tab in new Volume UI does not work.

Do a little test - try to set "Bell volume" to 0 (not mute, note vibra) and try to phone to yourself from another phone.

You will see that you will still hear bell volume (and you should not).

Guest jeffrey2000
You don't understand my question :rolleyes: .

System volume and ringer volume are separated (except vibrate and mute options).

You can mute system volume but set ringet to let's say 3 and you will have no other sounds except ring.

What I'm saying is that the "Bell volume" tab in new Volume UI does not work.

Do a little test - try to set "Bell volume" to 0 (not mute, note vibra) and try to phone to yourself from another phone.

You will see that you will still hear bell volume (and you should not).

Well ok I put my system volume on 1, my bell volume on 0 (no vibro/mute!), called myself and it just started vibrating so it seems to work ok here, unless it shouldn't vibrate on 0 but just being quiet and just display an incoming call :)

Edited by jeffrey2000

Well ok I put my system volume on 1, my bell volume on 0 (no vibro/mute!), called myself and it just started vibrating so it seems to work ok here, unless it shouldn't vibrate on 0 but just being quiet and just display an incoming call :(

OK thats cool if it works on Taril's ROM. On PDAViet and other Manila Lite ROM it just don't want to work - you can swing bell volume to whatever you want and there is no effect except screen changes :rolleyes: .

But as I said I managed to remove this feature by myself (this is implemented in application which controls screen touches and hardcoded the place on screen which touch invokes the new Volume UI!) so there is no more a problem.

I use S2U2 with their volume control (which can also hook to volume hardware keys) - it is a better solution for me right now :).

Guest sztupy
But as I said I managed to remove this feature by myself (this is implemented in application which controls screen touches and hardcoded the place on screen which touch invokes the new Volume UI!) so there is no more a problem.

Can you tell me which application this is?

Can you tell me which application this is?

accsensor_app.exe (VolumeControl.dll which is being loaded by this one) and accsensor.dll

BUT

this is essential application - it handles touch screen and others very important things.

I've replaced accsensor_app.exe and accsensor.dll with ones from DXHK1 ROM which don't have new VolumeControl UI.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kelvin84

where can i get the replaced accsensor_app.exe and accsensor.dll with ones from DXHK1 ROM as the DXHL bell volume is not working.. and how to replace it?

It will be good for some advise~

Please share I hate it too....

Unpack the following ZIP file to \Windows directory and find any occurences of accsensor_app.exe in registry and change it to accsensor_app2.exe.

Do soft-rest and enjoy old-fashioned volume control.

accsensor_app2.zip