UNLOCK OMNIA - IT WORKS !!!

Guest Mad-Dam

Guest sivaspor
Hi jenryhl,

I am not sure that if you downgrade the rom to unlock and upgrade after you will have still the phone unlocked...

I upgraded 2 weeks ago then unlocked it, this morning I upgraded with the new rom available in this forum and now I have my phone with the network locked again and I am tried this procedure but I have "Fail to set locking status" also... :)

PDA: i900DXHL2/OMNIA

Phone i900XDHL2

from the registry

IMSI 208013302192003

IMSI_MMG 20801

missed call... 0

SIMLOCKSTA... 0

How did you get IMSI from registry?

DXHJ1 did not work!!

Guest shedmeister
registry, HKCU\System\State\PHONE

Could someone please tell me where this is. I don't know what the ISMI number is? and i don't know where to find it. Sorry for being so clueless

Yep, I didn't get this either. It took me ages to find out what the IMSI digits were and how to get to registry, HKCU\System\State\PHONE. Finally I twigged! You need a registry editor. I Googled for a registry editor tool and downloaded PHM Registry Editor but for some reason it wouldn't install. So I finally used Mobile Registry Editor which seemed to work well. Held my breath and then followed these instructions to the letter with the original SIM card in place:

1. type *7465625*638*# to set

2. type the first 6 digits of the value of the IMSI entry here.

3. type your new NCK (12345678), then OK

3. type *#7465625# to check your lock (network lock still enabled)

4. type #7465625*638*# and type your NCK (12345678)

5. enjoy.

Bingo! It worked. My Vodafone Omnia (i900xxHJ6/ACHJ2 & i900BUHJ1) is now unlocked and Orange PAYG SIM works!

Thank you all for the advice in this topic - much appreciated.

Guest hmddeen
3. type *#7465625 to check your lock

Hey all,

I put in the above code and all the options were unlocked. Does this mean i have to do any of the above before flashing the ROM?

Oh, and i hadnt done any of the other steps. I just checked the lock status.

Edited by hmddeen

Guest CJPama

Confirmed working for me. Followed the instructions to the letter. Smart Communications Locked Phone now running Sun Cellular SIM Card in the Philippines.

Guest Priceless07

it might sound silly.... but why do we need to unlock the Omnia?

Hi bony25,

thanks a lot for the remark but in my case when I enter the NCK 12345678, I have "Fail to set locking status"... ans I am not the only one... :D

I just tried with version i900DXHJI/DXHJ1 - Phone i900DXHK1, no success... same message...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thinkcool
:D :angry: OMG!! At last it's working!!

Tried it for several times but now this method works. I had a Vodalock and you saved me 25 euro's for unlocking! TNX!

So I did what you told me; Voda Netherlands is 20404 and I had to complete it with 1 digit (2) for unlocking with this method.

So again a complete discription for unlocking;

Go to the registry, HKCU\System\State\PHONE, and wrote down the first 6 digits of the value of the IMSI entry.

2. type the first 6 digits of the value of the IMSI entry here.

3. type *#7465625# to check your lock (network lock still enabled)

5. enjoy.

That's a brilliant way to save money and time, would like to offer beer or coffee! Just to say that in stage "3", you type NCK :12345678; it's better than to say your new, because I got confused at that stage, but I entered those digits. Thanks to all the great people on the Modaco i900 discussion rom, and the rest of the chiefs, Paul, Sector, Qbus, Chokka, Khunchai, Ryzer, those who has gone and those who are coming :-)

waiting the Omnia 2 sales to pickup the new gadget J, the sensitivity of the screen is not that brilliant, from what I saw on the pocketnow review...but that moment we can move to that one is still far, enjoy the life folks, and glad to have this shining community all over the world.

Edited by thinkcool

Guest thinkcool
it might sound silly.... but why do we need to unlock the Omnia?

you need to unlock omnia if you want to use other operator/provider thant you have when you purchased your handset. if the phone is alreadey not locked by any operator, then this is useless

• 2 weeks later...
Everything goes well and it even say sucsseful but when i pressed

3. type *#7465625 to check your lock

it do nothing

and my phone is still disconnect from my operator

O.k all done it say that the unlock was sucsseful

but still my phone cant connect to my operator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, i need to unlock from t mobile uk so i can use a vodafone uk sim, tried all the methods everywhere and i always get 'sim failure error happened', i bricked my phone fone a few days ago then got it repaired now its locked. any help?

Thanks

Guest kimitza

Hello guys. I had some problems when i tried to unlock my omnia after changing rom from spanish to english. Read all the posts around here(and not only here) and i just couldn't find the solution. my IMSI keyreg was not active, so i went nuts. After several hours i came up with a simple solution : i've added the value myself, keeping the MCC/MNC code for last 5 numbers. Then, with the omnia lock it took me just 30 seconds to lock/unlock on orange romania. Maybe this will help others who couldn't do it. Remember, just add the value with any registry editor (i.e. 11412322610 - the value i added to my orange imsi ). good luck.

Guest kiskutya

Sorry, but I do not know English.

If you try it, it is removed from Sim. Device is activated:

2. MCC/MNC (21601)

4. type *#7465625# to check your lock (network lock still enabled)

5. type #7465625*638*# and type your NCK (12345678)

6. Enjoy.

Edited by kiskutya

phone unlocked using instructions

use these tips:

use your original sim, that the phone is unlocked to, e.g. if its on T-Mobile, then use a T-mobile sim to unlock phone

then retreive mmc/nmc wht eva tht codes is :) enjoy ;)

Edited by pdon

Guest kimitza
phone unlocked using instructions

use these tips:

use your original sim, that the phone is unlocked to, e.g. if its on T-Mobile, then use a T-mobile sim to unlock phone

then retreive mmc/nmc wht eva tht codes is :) enjoy B)

If you follow my method you don't need any sim at all ;). My omnia was brought from Spain, unlocked, true, but after flashing got that error. Remember, just edit that IMSI key in the registry then use either the codes or those 3 links (lock, status, unlock) from omnia unlock.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ivancmz

Worked great on i900 from Digitel Venezuela, thanks!:

2. MCC/MNC code 73402 for Corporacion Digitel C.A.

3. type *#7465625# to check your lock