Hard time finding a rom, a right one!

Guest bamboozle

Guest bamboozle

Hey. I have now used a few hours on the web, reading about Rom's and so on. But i get confused, and doesnt realy understand that much of what im reading. Yeah, im a complete noob with this tech things!

So, which rom should i select? and why?

If i say i want my mobile to have a high lvl of options on how i want things to act and look. Wpuld it be easier for you to tell me which rom i should choose?

Current version is -

PDA : i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1

PHONE : i900XBHI3'

I bought my phone from www.tele2.no ( Yea i live in norway )

Any help is helpfull. But plz go easy on me

Thanks!

Hey. I have now used a few hours on the web, reading about Rom's and so on. But i get confused, and doesnt realy understand that much of what im reading. Yeah, im a complete noob with this tech things!

So, which rom should i select? and why?

If i say i want my mobile to have a high lvl of options on how i want things to act and look. Wpuld it be easier for you to tell me which rom i should choose?

Current version is -

PDA : i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1

PHONE : i900XBHI3'

I bought my phone from www.tele2.no ( Yea i live in norway )

Any help is helpfull. But plz go easy on me

Thanks!

If you are "complete noob" and "doesnt realy understand that much of what im reading" then I would suggest not to touch the phone's ROM.

Use it for some time, then you will se its pros and cons, what are you missing etc etc - then it will be easier for you want you really need.

Nobody will tell you which ROM is the most suitable for your needs. You have to test them one by one and decide for yourself.

Guest bamboozle

guess your right..

Any tips on which i should test? i mean where to start. Like which rom is the most used or something like that...

All this numbers and letters and all confuses me :s

Edited by bamboozle

Guest mobilehappy
guess your right..

Any tips on which i should test? i mean where to start. Like which rom is the most used or something like that...

All this numbers and letters and all confuses me :s

The letters and numbers tells for which region and how old/new the rom is, for instance:

HG - Juli 2008

HH - August 2008

HI - September 2008

HJ - October 2008

HK - November 2008

HL - Desember 2008

Which in your case is a Scandinavia ROM from October.

Be aware that changing to the ROMS found here you will get English instead of Norwegian.

Guest lufeig

like qbus said, if you don't understand what you read, you don't know what you're doing.

take your time, read, research, then start to test some roms, one by one.

if you're really a noob and understand nothing about rom flashing and updating, the best rom for you is the one that is already installed in your omnia.

receiving the names of the roms you should try will not, by any means, raise your knowledge or make you less noob than you are now.

anyway, you can be sure that the most used rom is the stock one, or the roms released officialy by samsung.

but while you don't understand this rom thing, imho it's better to have an omnia with old firmware but working, than a bricked one.

don't stress, go slowly, because the path is looooong...

Edited by lufeig

Guest Natsirt

keep researching my friend, you will get the hang of it.. check out the pinned topics in the ROM forum here .. read abit more.. watch some videos on youtube if that'll help.. as the others have said, the rom should suit ur needs... there are many roms out there.. custom ones and official ones.. the official roms from the samsung site are more stable, but dun come with as many features as the custom ones because the custom ones are altered to include what programs are left in and taken out...

good luck!

Guest helladios

I really cannot understand how people can ask questions like that! It seems, they find MODACO on Google, and after reading a few thread titles say, "Hey, that seems like a good place to get some advice" without every bothering to read and follow threads which would answer all their questions. People should not be allowed to start threads at will.

Guest gragra

I really cannot understand how people can ask questions like that! It seems, they find MODACO on Google, and after reading a few thread titles say, "Hey, that seems like a good place to get some advice" without every bothering to read and follow threads which would answer all their questions. People should not be allowed to start threads at will.

I don't see anything wrong in someone asking a humble question. This is a community where the gurus are always willing to be of help to the novices. If everyone has the kind of attitude that you have displayed, there wont be any ROM for you to download and use. What do nice chaps like Paul, Taril, Secany and others gain from the amount of time, resources and efforts they put into cooking ROMs and creating posts on a continual basis? The satisfaction they derive from the knowledge that they have made someone's day. Please try and develop that kind of attitude.

I don't see anything wrong in someone asking a humble question. This is a community where the gurus are always willing to be of help to the novices. If everyone has the kind of attitude that you have displayed, there wont be any ROM for you to download and use. What do nice chaps like Paul, Taril, Secany and others gain from the amount of time, resources and efforts they put into cooking ROMs and creating posts on a continual basis? The satisfaction they derive from the knowledge that they have made someone's day. Please try and develop that kind of attitude.

Gragra, I think you've made a very fair statement which I totally agree!

The fundamental principle here is that ppl join forums and this community to share.

If sharing is not the case, then perhaps a Blog would have been a better place to post instead.

I feel it's perfectly fine that ppl ask questions as long as they do some homework first.

I too have questions sometimes - which others understand easily while I find uneasiness in comprehending. It all depends on the reader's foundation.

And yes...there do tend to be ppl who pop in just to leech and so much they don't do any homework themselves at all... they do drive us crazy at times...

I'll just say that we should always practise some forms of tolerance be it in this community or other walks of life.

Always remember 'don't do unto others what you don't want others unto you'

Cheers!

:rolleyes:

Edited by akiden

Guest Mr.Tuan

I U like Manila2D U can using ROM M2D V12 cooked by PhamQuang

And U like custom rom U can using custom rom DXHL3

There are 2 roms I am using. They are good