[Question] Ditch TF3D for some other UI?

Guest replicant

Guest replicant

Hi there, I recently purchased a Touch Diamond (loving it). I've modded the software every which way i can (roms and other reg hacks, etc) and have pretty solid performance. The one thing that has me undecided is whether or not to ditch TF3D and go for some other shell like the current release of PointUI, SPB Mobile Shell, Vito's Winterface, or some other. Basically, in order to get the best functionality first and good looks second, do any of you go for some other UI over TF3D? If so, which do you go back to time and time again, OR is TF3D the best all around?

Thanks much folks!

-rep

Guest Neil5459
Hi there, I recently purchased a Touch Diamond (loving it). I've modded the software every which way i can (roms and other reg hacks, etc) and have pretty solid performance. The one thing that has me undecided is whether or not to ditch TF3D and go for some other shell like the current release of PointUI, SPB Mobile Shell, Vito's Winterface, or some other. Basically, in order to get the best functionality first and good looks second, do any of you go for some other UI over TF3D? If so, which do you go back to time and time again, OR is TF3D the best all around?

Thanks much folks!

-rep

I sympathiise with you! I found TF3D too limiting on my Diamond, but liked the overall look.

I've now gone for Spb Mobile Shell (already had a copy!) plus I then installed Efbiaye's Diamond Theme which is a true VGA theme for Mobile Shell 2.1 and looks very like the original TF3D, with the advantage that you still have your own Today Screen available when MS is minimised.

XDA-Devs seems to be offline at present, so the actual download link is not available.

Guest Jokes On You

Thanks much folks!

-rep

I feel your pain. I played around with TF3D and to me it really didnt live up to the hype. I am more of a customization guy so I went with WisBar Advance Desktop. I can put what I want a where I want no problem :rolleyes: