Bricked?

Guest ialex

Hi everyone

I have recently upgraded my Omnia HJ4 ROM with the new lufeig,'s i900Rom_DXHL2_LFI04a

I have performed the upgrade USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA

The problem is that the phone is not working properly( it resets itself randomly and it gets stucked so many times) and when its turned on at the beginning before the samsung screen, this error icon appears

getattachmentjx4.jpg

w320.png

I have tried to flash the ROM with other computers but now the phone seems to be unrecognizable from Grand Prix.

The phone is still working with (Windows Mobile Device Center)Active Sync but strangely Grand Prix is unable to flash.

If I set Grand Prix with all the files for flashing the ROM with the mobile attached and OFF, and press "Detect",

Grand Prix. If I attach the Omnia switched on and press SOFT RESET

I receive the following message

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

-I have tried to attach the Omnia switched ON and press the SOFT RESET botton right after pressing "Detect" on Grand Prix --> but same erorr appears

-I have tried to attach the Omnia switched OFF and Switched it ON right after pressing "Detect"-->same error

in another forum a user suggested me that maybe Grand Prix was unable to FLASH the PHONE memory while it succeded only with the PDA memory(maybe because samsung mobile modem driver were not installed properly, or at all, as far as I can remember)

_Maybe a solution could be to flash with an official ROM with the official executable, but on the samsung omnia site when it asks for the version number and I insert LFI04 it says its not a valid number, so I can't download the ROM(maybe somebody has the latest one on mediafire or rapishare).

Could you please help me find a solution for making my Omnia work properly again (flashing the ROM properly?)

because I am afraid I won't be able to flash any ROM anymore :rolleyes: Thank you

Edited by ialex

Guest sector

try removing all drivers, and active sync.

reinstall them and download a proper rom from Secany's topic.

I suggest DXHK3 which is the most stable.

Dont use GrandPrix. I prefer the executable.

Keep trying if it fails. Better to disable firewall and antivirus

try removing all drivers, and active sync.

reinstall them and download a proper rom from Secany's topic.

I suggest DXHK3 which is the most stable.

Dont use GrandPrix. I prefer the executable.

Keep trying if it fails. Better to disable firewall and antivirus

Thank you

Could you please send me links with the executable of the suggested version (DXHK3)

[i can't even find the stand alone :rolleyes: ]

dxhk3 is available at samsung mobile official site: http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

to download dxhk3, select phillipines as your country.

Thank you guys :rolleyes:

when I flashed the HL2

I had to change my language(region) from Italian to Singapore

with the 'Preconfiguration' menu

should I also change it to Philippines before upgrading with the official Philippines ROM dxhk3?

Thank you guys :(

when I flashed the HL2

I had to change my language(region) from Italian to Singapore

with the 'Preconfiguration' menu

should I also change it to Philippines before upgrading with the official Philippines ROM dxhk3?

I have tried to flash the official i900DXHK3_updater_vista (Philippines version)

from http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia...sub02_Vista.jsp

But when I connect the OMNIA and I try to flash an error message appears

Incorrect Software Version

Check the phone

(I have translated the error message from Italian, but in English it shouldn't be something really different)

I have tried the operation with the Singapore language and it didn't work

what is strange is that it didn't work even when I changed the system region with Philippines

(with command *#1546792*# selecting Preconfiguration then *#81230*# -->Philippines)

:rolleyes: :)

I have tried to flash the official i900DXHK3_updater_vista (Philippines version)

from http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia...sub02_Vista.jsp

But when I connect the OMNIA and I try to flash an error message appears

Incorrect Software Version

Check the phone

(I have translated the error message from Italian, but in English it shouldn't be something really different)

I have tried the operation with the Singapore language and it didn't work

what is strange is that it didn't work even when I changed the system region with Philippines

(with command *#1546792*# selecting Preconfiguration then *#81230*# -->Philippines)

:rolleyes: :)

I am afraid that the people with this system error will not be able to solve the problem meaning that any other upgradee won't be possible. probably even with new ROMs in the future .

Please Help

any idea!?