[FIXED] How to increase the Volume of the VERIZON Omnia

Guest ciscokidinsf

Guest oraclegustavo

The weird problem I have is that I apply the settings with a reg file and then as soon as someone calls me, the volume on everything goes back to ridiculously low levels. REALLY annoying

• 4 weeks later...
Guest itb44

Great thread (only wish I'd seen it before I spun my wheels on the stickied non-verizon thread).

My microphone volume is fine during regular cell calls, but way too low during Fring (VoIP) calls. Are the settings for microphone volume called "MVOL"? If so, I assume that the settings for regular cell calls are these:

Menu > Talking > Handset

RCV(02) -3

RX(16) -3

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) 0

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08 ) -6

Where would would I find/adjust the settings for microphone volume during VoIP calls? The only other places I see MVOL are under the earjack and speakerphone settings, but I'm just using the basic handset "normally" for VoIP. Thanks in advance for any help/clues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest cooleydan5
OK, So it has been Verified (thanks to BitterBastard at the samsumg-omnia.org site) but, as always, do this at your OWN RISK!

Also, once again a reminder, you CANNOT use the dialpad codes on the Verizon Omnia as the rest of the world is able to do easily.

This method is a bit long but it works:

Here are the steps:

1. Launch an mp3 player (tested with S2P and the Omnia's media player)

2. Launch SoundTester.exe

3. Minimize SoundTester, launch your registry editor

4. Using the task switcher, switch back to SoundTester

5. Play with the SoundTester Normal->Headset settings until you like the sound. You may need to restart a song each time you change the settings in order to hear the difference (I did). For what it's worth, the only setting I could actually increase was the values of the last value, I forget the title of it (R-something). That did, however, increased the volume.

6. Without closing SoundTester, switch over to your registry editor and look at HKLM\SAMSUNG\AUDIO. You should see a HEADSETNORMAL key. Look in there and you will find some DWORD entries (a bunch of numbers and letters). To add more detail, the only value that changes in the registry values at HKLM\SAMSUNG\AUDIO - HEADSETNORMAL is the 3rd value (0x12) and the rest of the values remain unchanged. I also changed the HANDSETNORMAL values.

7. These are the entries you should record (write down in paper). Write all if you want to be extra careful.

8. Close SoundTester (It will remove these entries, phone goes back to low volume)

9. Open your reg editor HKLM\SAMSUNG\AUDIO - HEADSETNORMAL and HANDSETNORMAL and change the 3rd value (0x12) to the value you wrote down.

10. Wait 20 seconds, do a soft-reset and test. The sound should've increased.

In soundtester.exe, I changed my values from -12db to -6db. Less than that, I didn't notice any difference. You may wish to go higher but be careful or you will damage your phone.

Let me know if this works for you. And say *thanks* :) to Verizon for making this Volume change 20 times more difficult than it should be.

SRS WOW is a way better solutionj. its simply amazing. but this is still a good post

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Voltron8Myhat

Just so everybody knows, you don't need to use a registry editor for this.

If you simply launch SoundTester.exe (it's in your Windows root), you can change the values for all of these settings; just MAKE SURE you select MENU>APPLY after you've made changes on each page, otherwise, the new settings won't stick.

• 3 months later...
Guest brandogg

I have tip for anyone on an i910 (Verizon) Omnia, and this may only pertain to WM6.5 ROMs, which is the OS I'm using. Like mentioned before, open soundtester.exe and open a profile, then choose "cancel" - this sets everything to default *EXCEPT* for the first choice, DAC, which is sets to the maximum, and causes *MASSIVE* distortion. Simply change that from "12" to "0" or "-4", or whatever sounds good, then adjust the last choice, RVOL, restart Windows Media Player or whatever you're using to play music, etc, and see how it sounds. Every time you choose "cancel" it will set the DAC to 12db and it will sound like your headphones/car stereo/whatever is going to blow, just remember to change the DAC to something much, much lower. I'm pretty sure all I did was set DAC to "0" and RVOL to "-12", and left the others at default, and the sound is absolutely beautiful, and actually a lot better than SRS WOW.