Which T-Mobile handset?

Guest TheNerd

Guest TheNerd

A non-techy pal of mine has an expensive UK T-Mobile contract which enables him to upgrade about three times a year. He's due an upgrade and does not know which phone to go for.

The most important things are calls, texts and emails. He normally uses a Blackberry Pearl. Not being used to Windows Mobile phones I don't think I can recommend something like the Omnia (or even getting something like a Sim-free Touch HD).

I think a keypad is important to him, but not a keyboard that makes the phone bulky.

T-Mobile don't do the Blackberry Storm (not that it would be any good for him by the sounds of many reviews), and I don't know anything about the G1 Android thingy.

Any suggestions?

Guest simon211175
has an expensive UK T-Mobile contract which enables him to upgrade about three times a year

How do you get such a contract?

T-Mobile have a limited selection of phones right now. The MDA Vario IV (Touch Pro) is the only real new addition, and that has a keyboard attached.

The G1 is meant to be good, but the OS is new so expect bugs, and you would need to be reliant on Google for mail/calendar etc.

Guest TheNerd
How do you get such a contract?

T-Mobile have a limited selection of phones right now. The MDA Vario IV (Touch Pro) is the only real new addition, and that has a keyboard attached.

The G1 is meant to be good, but the OS is new so expect bugs, and you would need to be reliant on Google for mail/calendar etc.

Thanks for the reply.

The contract is a top end business contract, so I think it costs a bomb! I don't think the Touch Pro or the G1 is suitable. Hopefully there will be some new Blackberries for him to choose soon, but maybe one of the 2009 HTC phones may be of interest. Whatever happens, the Windows Mobile OS needs to change BIG TIME before he adopts a WinMo phone.