XDA Stellar discontinued so insurance upgraded to Serra!

Guest crazyc

Guest crazyc

Had to claim on the O2 insurance for damage to my Stellar - useless case - phone kept falling out until this weekend the USB socket gave out (pin in the middle split). Phone got V hot and wouldn't charge/sync. Called up and it was acepted by the insurance, but they said the stellar is discontinued and so they offered me their version of the Diamond - I said I required a keyboard, they said well the diamond was what they had listed as the equivalent - I pointed out that a keyboard is a fairly fundamental feature - he went and checked with his boss and my Serra (Touch Pro) arrives tomorrow.

All in all seems like things worked out. I keep hearing about GPS lag on the Serra tho - worries me as I use the GPS a lot. Also not convinced by the buttons.

Anyway, goodybye Stellar - you served me well (around 11 months) and off to the next section of the forum I go...

Guest DaveShaw
Had to claim on the O2 insurance for damage to my Stellar - useless case - phone kept falling out until this weekend the USB socket gave out (pin in the middle split). Phone got V hot and wouldn't charge/sync. Called up and it was acepted by the insurance, but they said the stellar is discontinued and so they offered me their version of the Diamond - I said I required a keyboard, they said well the diamond was what they had listed as the equivalent - I pointed out that a keyboard is a fairly fundamental feature - he went and checked with his boss and my Serra (Touch Pro) arrives tomorrow.

All in all seems like things worked out. I keep hearing about GPS lag on the Serra tho - worries me as I use the GPS a lot. Also not convinced by the buttons.

Anyway, goodybye Stellar - you served me well (around 11 months) and off to the next section of the forum I go...

That's good to know, I'd throw mine out of the Window now if I didn't want to keep it when I upgrade to the Stellar. Although I am tempted to wait for a Rhodium now - Upgrade's in May... :)

Dave

That's good to know, I'd throw mine out of the Window now if I didn't want to keep it when I upgrade to the Stellar. Although I am tempted to wait for a Rhodium now - Upgrade's in May... :)

Dave

As I am mid contract almost, I can upgrade again in August, so yes that phone is looking like the winner at the moment! (Although I am liking my Serra).