Flashing Omnia ROM on Windows VISTA

Guest rodrigorajao

Guest rodrigorajao

I'm about to throw the towel in as far as updating my Omnia's ROM goes. My last hope was the new official Samsung ROM DXHK3 (annouced here on the forum a few days ago). I chose the VISTA option, installed the WMDC 6.1 (since the version that comes with Vista is crap and doesn't work anyway), and still a no go.

I have an unbranded Omnia with the original ROM DXHG3, but the updater either throws at me "Incorrect software version" or "This phone already has the latest firmware installed."

What's going on here?????

And no, I don't have access to a WinXP machine. I believe a next-gen smartphone should be able to function correctly with a next-gen OS.

TYIA

I had a post about this. It is a little finicky, but once it is set up, it is very stable (more so than my old XP machine which would ocassionally fail to write the phone.bin on the first flash).

I can't remember the exact post, but the process is the same as that for the I780. There is a post on XDA about it. Search this form for Vista in the title created by me.

You ensentially disable usb connnections on WMDC and you phone will appear as a mobile device. Update driver using active sync 4.5 drivers, kill all of the WM* processes (There are two, one comes back but don't worry about it).

From that point on you should ONLY use the XP updaters. Do not use the Vista Grandprix or VISTA OEM updates.

When you are done, re-enable USB connections on WMDC. The "Enable USB" setting is in the "Connection settings" tab, I think that it is the first option.

Hope that helps.

One more tidbit: It seems that when you update the driver, it only updates the driver for one USB port. So use that port for flashing and another port for everything else (you can use the same port for other things but it doesn't seem to be as responsive). IF you really want to, you can restore the vista drivers with the vista modem driver download on Samsungs sight.,

No problem with flashing, cooking, editing, csc, atc. in vista. Im running vistax64 :) Also tryed in xp. works excellent as well.

What did you do or rather how did you do it? Right now I go to my other machines when I need to test a new ROM I cooked. :rolleyes:

Guest bluey09
What did you do or rather how did you do it? Right now I go to my other machines when I need to test a new ROM I cooked. :rolleyes:

Just download the following guide and follow the istructions ... it worked for me .. please remember to use XP version of Grandprix and XP updater.exe .

Thanks

i780_Vista_USB_Installation_for_Mirage_Flashing.zip

i900_1.6.4.rar

Just download the following guide and follow the istructions ... it worked for me .. please remember to use XP version of Grandprix and XP updater.exe .

Thanks

Thanks! I'll try this later when I finish my latest ROM. I just like to update my CE version while not removing any apps and its quite frustrating to go back to my XP machine every now and then. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Sorry for a dump question. The instruction says the phone need to be in BOOTLOADER mode, but doesn't even show how. Would anyone here give me an idea how this could be done? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KingBorn88

Thanks

Sorry to bother you... i've tried to flash qwith the xp grandPrix but it doesn't recognize the device it tells me "no pda found"...  what i have to do?

i've tried everything...

thanks in advance

Edited by KingBorn88

No problem with flashing my Omnia on Vista. I download the official firmware (Philippines) for vista and I start the installation. Before check your usb connection.

now my pda and phone version is: PDA: i900DXHK3/DXHK3, PHONE: i900DXHK3, the old one it was PDA: i900DXHG3/DXHG3, PHONE: i900DXHG3 :)