Changing phone

Guest rand

Hi All,

I have the HTC Diamond(Non branded) HTC variant and do miss my keyboard from my TyTn II. I like the diamond but find the screen slightly small when typing,... i like the look of the X1 and wanted to know if anyone has moved from the TyTn II and what comments they have on the X1. I am also considering the HTC HD so will post this there too.

Any comments would be very greatly received as i don't want to commit to a phone then to find i spend 6 months regretting it.

Guest penguin

i went from the Hermes to the X1 & looooove it :rolleyes: so glad I held out & waited for it to be released

and if you really want TouchFlo3D & the youtube apps & stuff they're easily available over at xda along with the on screen keyboards :)

i went from the Hermes to the X1 & looooove it :rolleyes: so glad I held out & waited for it to be released

and if you really want TouchFlo3D & the youtube apps & stuff they're easily available over at xda along with the on screen keyboards :)

Do you find the unit is slow when using the UI? i have found that my diamond sometimes takes ages to respond... i like the design and look but i think i might have a trip to a store to see one in action....

Very zippy and responsive once you get a more optimised ROM on to it. Changing ROM is very easy to do but just be attentive as it could easily go wrong as well! Follow instructions to the letter and you'll be fine.

I used to have the old O2 XDA Mini S and I loved that phone except it was just too bulky. The X1 is perfect and is still on the cusp of being a phone. The Touch HD is an excellent device but is too big to carry around (for me anyway) and I don't get on with Touch Screen keyboards...

Am currently using the Touch HD ROM and am getting touchflo and Panels i.e. the best of both worlds!!!

But as Penguin said it is best if you can demo the units and then you'll know for sure....

Very zippy and responsive once you get a more optimised ROM on to it. Changing ROM is very easy to do but just be attentive as it could easily go wrong as well! Follow instructions to the letter and you'll be fine.

I used to have the old O2 XDA Mini S and I loved that phone except it was just too bulky. The X1 is perfect and is still on the cusp of being a phone. The Touch HD is an excellent device but is too big to carry around (for me anyway) and I don't get on with Touch Screen keyboards...

Am currently using the Touch HD ROM and am getting touchflo and Panels i.e. the best of both worlds!!!

But as Penguin said it is best if you can demo the units and then you'll know for sure....

Thanks Fuzzmo.

I had nearly made my mind up on the HD but it looks like i really need to see both phones in the flesh. I do like the size of the Diamond and from what i can see, the X1 is not much bigger.

Thanks for the advice on the roms, just not sure i would like to spend £500.00 on a PDA and then brick it.