Charging is Complete Sound - Disable??

Guest Dblocker

Guest Dblocker

I have the US Verizon version of the Omnia and it makes a very annoying notification sound when Charging the battery is complete - usually in the middle of the night while I'm trying to sleep.

I've seen others request the same thing, but haven't found anyone that's figured out how to turn this off or replace the proper .wav file with a different silent one. Any solutions???

I have the US Verizon version of the Omnia and it makes a very annoying notification sound when Charging the battery is complete - usually in the middle of the night while I'm trying to sleep.

I've seen others request the same thing, but haven't found anyone that's figured out how to turn this off or replace the proper .wav file with a different silent one. Any solutions???

On another Omnia forum, someone found that if you overwrite Alarm2.wav and Notify.wav in \Windows with a blank wav file, that will kill the notification. Worked for me.

I created a 124 byte blank WAV file that I used on my Omnia.

Guest iclickjohn

I know this is low tech, jerky fix,,,

I leave the headphones in the jack. But if the other solution doesn't mess up other notifications or alarms, then that would be better.

Are they in the Windows folder somewhere?

I know this is low tech, jerky fix,,,

I leave the headphones in the jack. But if the other solution doesn't mess up other notifications or alarms, then that would be better.

Are they in the Windows folder somewhere?

Yes.

Take the attached Blank.wav file - save to \My Storage as Alarm2.wav and also as Notify.wav then copy to \Windows, overwriting the existing Alarm2.wav and Notify.wav.

Blank.wav

Guest ned4spd8874

I have this same problem. It's only bothered me a couple times. But last night it happened just when I was on the ledge...at that point where you just start to fall asleep! Man that sucked...I nearly jumped out of bed!

My question is if I replace these two sound files, what other notifications aren't going to work? They are kind of general names. Seems they would be used for more notifications or alerts than just charge complete. Otherwise, there would just be one file called chargecomplete.wav or something. Well, at least that's what makes sense to me.

I have this same problem. It's only bothered me a couple times. But last night it happened just when I was on the ledge...at that point where you just start to fall asleep! Man that sucked...I nearly jumped out of bed!

My question is if I replace these two sound files, what other notifications aren't going to work? They are kind of general names. Seems they would be used for more notifications or alerts than just charge complete. Otherwise, there would just be one file called chargecomplete.wav or something. Well, at least that's what makes sense to me.

Notify.wav is used for most popup dialogs so you can look it as either you lose those sound notifications or you gain a more silent phone... I tend to like Notify.wav so I haven't overwritten this one on my phone so I only get a short "beep" when the battery is charged and not the double "ding Ding DING" from Alarm2.wav that follows Notify.wav

Alarm2.wav is not used for anything else by default and, if it is, you should be able to change it under Sounds & Notifications.

My files are protected. Is there anything I can do to make this work. I tried to rename, copy, etc. Nothing would work.

Thanks!

What do you have in :

HKLM\Snd\Event\Curr0

?

Guest Under Cover Guy
Notify.wav is used for most popup dialogs so you can look it as either you lose those sound notifications or you gain a more silent phone... I tend to like Notify.wav so I haven't overwritten this one on my phone so I only get a short "beep" when the battery is charged and not the double "ding Ding DING" from Alarm2.wav that follows Notify.wav

Alarm2.wav is not used for anything else by default and, if it is, you should be able to change it under Sounds & Notifications.

the files are protected...how do you overwite them

Guest olandir

You know, I suggested this before and I was just ignored...

Turn the phone upside down. In etiquette mode (upside down), the phone will not make a sound when it finishes charging. It's really easy and I think the phone comes with etiquette mode turned on but if not, just turn it on under the Motion Sensor settings.

Or if that doesn't work for you. Charge your phone by your computer. It will never sound the notification when charging from a computer but it will charge fully.

No hacks required... really simple.

Guest jeffrey2000

Do you guys have some branded phone? My Omnia never made any sound when it finished charging but I wish mine had, it saves your battery live!! there's no option in my sound/notification config... How is it called there in these options?

Guest Rabbi Eli

For me, the options are not viable. I want the phone to ring, so I cannot stop the sound. I can turn off alerts, but the the battery charging is complete has a mind of its own. Copying blank wav files over the ones that work for this are not an option since other phone options use those wav files as well. Another possible option is a registry edit, but so far, I cannot find the alert to turn it off. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Guest NewKlNGjames
Yes.

Take the attached Blank.wav file - save to \My Storage as Alarm2.wav and also as Notify.wav then copy to \Windows, overwriting the existing Alarm2.wav and Notify.wav.

Are you using a i900 or i910? i have the verizon i910 and I don't have those files on my phone to begin with. I tried to copy them to the places you said, and it obviously doesn't make a different. I am always on call and need to hear my phone if it rings, but I am tired of waking up every night to that ding ding ding!! any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Chugworth

I always leave my phone set to vibrate mode, but it still vibrates when the charge is complete. I wish there was a way to disable this.

• 1 month later...
Guest devilbomb

I think I found a registry fix for this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\Default

edit the "(Default)" stiing value and enter "Charge Complete Notification" as the value (or whatever you want to show under the Sounds & Notification Settings)

Once you do this it will show up with all the other notifications and you can change the sound, turn the sound on/off, turn the display message on/off, leds on/off, and vibrate on/off.

I tested it as much to change the sound that is played when the charge is complete to an mp3 and that is what was played when it was fully charged.

Hope this helps everyone sleep through the night now!

The process is similar to this one for the Low Battery Notify from [http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/sound-notification-customization] and is what helped me figure this out.

Guest Omega Ra

edit the "(Default)" stiing value and enter "Charge Complete Notification" as the value (or whatever you want to show under the Sounds & Notification Settings)

Once you do this it will show up with all the other notifications and you can change the sound, turn the sound on/off, turn the display message on/off, leds on/off, and vibrate on/off.

I tested it as much to change the sound that is played when the charge is complete to an mp3 and that is what was played when it was fully charged.

The process is similar to this one for the Low Battery Notify from [http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/sound-notification-customization] and is what helped me figure this out.

I am looking at that right now and there is no default string in the default folder.

Guest dslayton

Thank you so much!! You have really made my morning

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gorf1000
Under the folder default, right? cause it didn't work for me.

Anybody have any other ideas? This didn't work for me either.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest rcicu

Has anybody been able to remove the notification with out replacing the wav files? I make the reg mod listed in this thread and it removed the first ding but not the last 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Guest lynseyw

I have tried every hack I have seen on the net. None of them worked. I finally renamed the old alarm2.wav and Notify.wav files and then added the new silent.wav that I renamed. I used Resco Explorer. It worked great. After all this time I finally got a good night sleep. Thanks so much!

Guest rcicu

I broke down and replaced the Notify.wav with a blank wave file. Along with the reg edit above I am no longer getting woken up when my Omnia finishes charging at 2am.

I attached the 3 files that I use when I reflash.

This first is a reg edit that you can import that adds the first notification to the "Sounds & Notifications" and is disabled.

The wave Notify.wav is blank to rid you of the 2nd and 3rd chimes.

The wave Notify2.wav is if you like the alert chime for something else.

I am not too knowledgeable about creating cabs but if a lot of ppl are using this maybe someone can make one for us.

Thanks

Charge_Complete_Notification.rar

• 1 year later...
Guest halowitheld
I am looking at that right now and there is no default string in the default folder.

Thanks a mil, I didn't find the value for default but i added it and followed your instructions. Worked like a charm.