Favorite Hackings [09-01-26: UPDATE 0.3]

Guest sztupy

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
So any licence is fine for me (CC, LGPL, or maybe even GPL), except the non-derivate type licences, because they dissallow you to change the icons to suit your needs.

So, are we going to get an icon-full version soon? :rolleyes:

I liked the screenshot with icons, it looked more like Samsung's FavoriteSettings, which I like. Maybe, if you did add it's functionalities (volume etc) to your app, it would be a nice consolidation.

Guest aridoasis

hi, i'm a noob in this forum and i'm still about to get my omnia in a week. i really like this app's concept - makes it easier for noobs like me to apply edits. anyway, if you need icons, i can make them in my spare time - as my way to start contributing to the community. just pm me on what kind of icons you need and the dimensions too.

(ps: i can only do graphics, so i'm totally useless when it come to coding)

Edited by aridoasis

The following is only a design PROTOTYPE. It will do NOTHING. But you may try out the M2D style tabular interface and the finger scrolling. (and if you like pressing buttons, then you can do that too). Landscape support is working too. Please do so and comment on the usability. Thanks!

Pic:

post-465894-1231775094_thumb.jpg

DL:

FavHackCab.CAB

Edited by sztupy

The following is only a design PROTOTYPE. It will do NOTHING.

FavHackCab.CAB

This is nice layout. some suggestions IMHO

1. could use it as an alternative to Samsung's favouritesettings if able to add in toggling of hardware wifi/BT/etc

2. the big buttons could be a bit smaller so 3 x 4 formation which is reversed in lanscape.

3. possible to incorporate other today plugins so can use in conjunction with M2D. thinking of plugins that show program /ram memory SD memory etc. battery status, pocket breeze them sort of today plugins but in your app istead of today.

4. skinable would make it perfect.

5. icing on the cake would be ... a script where the omnia makes a cup of tea ....suppose it could send a txt to your wife asking her to do it.....just kidding.

Thanks again. great contribution

Edited by abu123

Guest 3shirts

Looks good, the buttons still seem a little on the large side. I have a 5 by 5 (visible) grid of buttons on my programs tab in M2D and never have any problem pressing the correct one. Maybe 3 by 3 would be better?

That's small stuff though, on the whole its a cracking idea developed into a great little app.

Looks good, the buttons still seem a little on the large side. I have a 5 by 5 (visible) grid of buttons on my programs tab in M2D and never have any problem pressing the correct one. Maybe 3 by 3 would be better?

That's small stuff though, on the whole its a cracking idea developed into a great little app.

The size of the buttons will be skinnable too. That way the app will work on VGA devices too (well, if someone ports the pictures to a VGA size). But first I want to solve the transparency problems, because it makes the tab bar a bit ugly.

Good job! This app (in time) can be the must-have for my Omnia.

btw. the bottom menu might need some improvement (like taping support)...

I'll think about the UI and probably consult it with a few people from GUI research group on faculty... then I might come with some suggestions.

Guest markkohfm

Calibrate screen is the best! After applying it, my touch screen is so so so much more responsive that there is no more SMS lag when another message comes in!

Good job! This app (in time) can be the must-have for my Omnia.

btw. the bottom menu might need some improvement (like taping support)...

I'll think about the UI and probably consult it with a few people from GUI research group on faculty... then I might come with some suggestions.

M2D style tab tapping will be done in the next release. Also the homescreen will get BT and Wifi capability. Still have to work out how to enable the mouse and the flashlight though.

Guest mimosoft
M2D style tab tapping will be done in the next release. Also the homescreen will get BT and Wifi capability. Still have to work out how to enable the mouse and the flashlight though.

Enable/disable Mouse with this exe.

chgFingerMouse001.zip

Edited by mimosoft

Added mouse and Bluetooth support. Unfortunately to add wifi/flashlight/usb support I have to get down to device level, which is something not well-documented in MSDN... And the volume changing things arent't either (they seem to be simple registry editing, but to change the volume one has to change a lot of things...)

FavHack_QVGA_Omnia.CAB

And here is another version. This is the result of the conversion of Advanced Configurator 3.3's XML to my format. It's a very rough conversion, so keep your expectations low (yet). The XML might be cleaned out to only contain the parts that are useful for an Omnia user though, but I didn't had the time for that yet...

FavHack_QVGA_AC.CAB

i saw mortscripts for turning on\off wifi and bluetooth. you can find the imarche spb mobile shell skins

BT is easy, there is a separate command for that. Can you give me a closer link to the Wifi mortscript?

Guest Barthlon

great program, i must say i have not read the whole thread yet (even though it's not that long yet), but i'm in a bit of a hurry :)

the only reason i always install total commander is to edit the registry with a couple of the hacks you incorporated, so from now on i don't need it anymore!

but... i don't know if it's mentioned before (or already in there) but it would be great if you could also add the ability to change the two softkeys at the bottom (i always change phone into contacts and menu into google launcher). it is a simple registry change, but if it's not in there, i still need total commander :D

keep up the good work, also with your other creations!

Guest monsterpt

Whenever I explore the Audio controls, Admin Settings or any other testers, it gives me a message "Phone dialer registry settings missing". Any idea how to fix this?

Everything in the left four icons on the bottom works, but everything in the right three icons gives me the above error.

Whenever I explore the Audio controls, Admin Settings or any other testers, it gives me a message "Phone dialer registry settings missing". Any idea how to fix this?

Everything in the left four icons on the bottom works, but everything in the right three icons gives me the above error.

That might be because you're using i910. If you run the phone dialer, and dial *#0*# will it do anything?