Backlight won't turn off while connected via ActiveSync?

Guest NikLP

Am I losing the plot here or what? When I connect my Blackstone to a PC via ActiveSync, it seems to me that *regardless of any combination of configuration options* the backlight never goes off, and the screen remains lit.

Given that there are varying reports on whether or not to have the "charge while connected" checkbox selected, this is rather conflicting.

In any case, the default out of the box is to allow the unit to automatically control the backlight. Even if I manually override this setting and choose to control it as per "the good old days", ie choosing "backlight goes off after 1 minute when connected" via the more elaborate control panel, it STILL doesn't ever turn off!

What the hell? :rolleyes:

Jeez sometimes I think I'm just invisible.

Can someone at least say "mine does that" or "it's by design" or something!? This has never happened on any other WinMo handset I've had.

Guest auddie
Jeez sometimes I think I'm just invisible.

Can someone at least say "mine does that" or "it's by design" or something!? This has never happened on any other WinMo handset I've had.

I have mine set that way: Go to settings, power. There are 4 options, two on battery power and two on USB. I've unchecked the two when connected to USB and my screen stayed active all the time while connected.

Guest brunes007
I have mine set that way: Go to settings, power. There are 4 options, two on battery power and two on USB. I've unchecked the two when connected to USB and my screen stayed active all the time while connected.

You're mis-reading the OP's post he *DOESNT* want it to come on while charging. This setting with those checkboxes does not help this situation, checked or unchecked, the light will come on.

OP, I have this exact same problem with my HTC touch. Whenever I plug it into the PC to sync, th ebacklight comes on. I turn it off with the power button, but it comes back on about 30 seconds later. Rinse, repeat.

ActiveSync seems to want to keep turning the screen on. Since I want to sync and charge my phone overnight this is not good for me, I am worried about it reducing the lif eof my screen not to mention the wasted power.

Is there any way to disable this, to tell the phone to *NOT* power up the screen while synching? Or at least disable the backlight? Anyone?

This question right now is all over the wbe in many forums - search for "activesync backlight" - no one seems to have ANY answer.