updating phone ROM

Guest rgnoval

Guest rgnoval

can i update the phone rom only? because i tried to update to DXHL3 but i said unable to detect phone or something like that then unable to find port. i already installed CDMA drivers but still doesnt work. is there a way to flash the phone part only? i tried searching but didnt find any answers. thanks

Guest Funkadelic1

From what I have read if you want to flash individual parts and not the entire ROM you need to use Grandprix. If you look at some of the first ROM upgrading posts from Paul it has som step by step guides on updating via Grandprix.

Guest rgnoval
From what I have read if you want to flash individual parts and not the entire ROM you need to use Grandprix. If you look at some of the first ROM upgrading posts from Paul it has som step by step guides on updating via Grandprix.

i updated using 08-1-2009 DXHL3 rom. How do i extract only the phone.bin part? Is there a chance i could bring my phone while updating only the phone part? what settings should i use or what should i tick in the Grandprix? thanks for your help.

Guest MrJoneswii
i updated using 08-1-2009 DXHL3 rom. How do i extract only the phone.bin part? Is there a chance i could bring my phone while updating only the phone part? what settings should i use or what should i tick in the Grandprix? thanks for your help.

What you need to do is to let the installer flash your phone twice.

The first time you flash it it will try to update your phone, but the drivers that are being installed take too long for the installer which is why it doesn't update your phone.

Run it the second time and everything gets updated.

grtz

Guest rgnoval
What you need to do is to let the installer flash your phone twice.

The first time you flash it it will try to update your phone, but the drivers that are being installed take too long for the installer which is why it doesn't update your phone.

Run it the second time and everything gets updated.

grtz

im afraid to flash again because maybe something might go wrong. all my phone functions still work but i get a phone image with an exclamation mark whenever i restart my phone. do i need to update my phone or i can just leave it like that because everything seems well.

i also have another question, if i update the phone part only, will there be any risks that i brick my phone? also, if i like to extract the phone part of taril's rom what software will i use? thanks

Guest Mark_in_VA
What you need to do is to let the installer flash your phone twice. The first time you flash it it will try to update your phone, but the drivers that are being installed take too long for the installer which is why it doesn't update your phone. Run it the second time and everything gets updated.

grtz

Sorry to be such a noob, but I want to make sure I understand this. Are you saying use GrandPrix to flash all four parts a second time (phone, pda, csc, bootloader)?

I was having the same trouble - I successfully flashed three using GrandPrix, but I couldn't get the phone to flash (from HL2 to HL3). Trying to flash the phone separately never worked.

Which leads me to a separate question: can I use an .exe file to flash it the second time? Or should I stick to GrandPrix?