Contact detail and Calendar 'synchronization'...?

Guest PsyM0nkey

Guest PsyM0nkey

Hey all,

I got my omnia the other day, so i have a few questions... I hope the regulars can find the time to help out if possible... :rolleyes:

The one thing Im liking about my windows phone is the very extensive contact information you can add per contact.

I see as well, that under the Contact information, there is a heading for Birthdays and anniversaries, so I thought, wow, thats great! Cause im realy bad with dates. So i inputted a few birth dates into my contacts, and anniversaries, yet when I went to my calendar, I saw that the birthdays didnt reflect on my calendar dates. Nor the anniversaries..??

Im come to the rather shocking and dissapointing conclusion that if you add a contacts birthday information under their details, it doesnt dynamically add it to your calendar as a reminder. To me, that seems pointless. Especially for a 'business capable' phone.

Am I missing an option here? My old phone allowed you to enter a contacts birthday, and asked you if you would like to add it to the calendar. Why on such a 'smart' phone does it not give you the option of synchronising your contacts birthdays to your calendar??

On the same note, is there an alternative calendar application app for the Omnia? The default one is quite ugly.

Thanks for any help any one can assist with!

Hey all,

I got my omnia the other day, so i have a few questions... I hope the regulars can find the time to help out if possible... :rolleyes:

The one thing Im liking about my windows phone is the very extensive contact information you can add per contact.

I see as well, that under the Contact information, there is a heading for Birthdays and anniversaries, so I thought, wow, thats great! Cause im realy bad with dates. So i inputted a few birth dates into my contacts, and anniversaries, yet when I went to my calendar, I saw that the birthdays didnt reflect on my calendar dates. Nor the anniversaries..??

Im come to the rather shocking and dissapointing conclusion that if you add a contacts birthday information under their details, it doesnt dynamically add it to your calendar as a reminder. To me, that seems pointless. Especially for a 'business capable' phone.

Am I missing an option here? My old phone allowed you to enter a contacts birthday, and asked you if you would like to add it to the calendar. Why on such a 'smart' phone does it not give you the option of synchronising your contacts birthdays to your calendar??

On the same note, is there an alternative calendar application app for the Omnia? The default one is quite ugly.

Thanks for any help any one can assist with!

I guess it all depends what you are looking for:

- For me, if I assign a Birthday to a Contact, it will appear in the list of 'events' when I select the given day in the Calendar. I just did a quick test and Birthdays do not seem to appear on the appointment list in the today screen. I do not mind, because:

- I use S2U2, and the Birthdays will appear on the S2U2 lock screen along with all the upcoming appointments (up to 3 days in my case).

- Finally, you can look at this free Birthday app: http://pda.jasnapaka.com/ I used to use it, and it is a Today Plug-in that works very well. I do not recall if you can set it to lauch an audio reminder, though.

I use Thumbcal as a calendar app. It's not free, but much, much better that the basic one.