QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Amazing job you are doing... your roms are becoming the best.

Easy and complete customization according to personal preferences: manila (full or lite) or close to original Samsung with widgets or not, all the best twicks or only some of them (again it's up to personal preferences).. and all with flash 3!

And if you don't mind sacrifice some space you can have both Manila and widgets installed :)

I repeat: amazing!!

Thnx :) I'm trying to be practical :D.

PS AlarmWatcher won't be removed - it uses really small amount of memory (3 kb) and it's integration with ROM is so strict that I'm afraid of removing it (for example you are unable to kill it - if you do so it will be respawned).

Guest vennerr93
Thnx :) I'm trying to be practical :D.

PS AlarmWatcher won't be removed - it uses really small amount of memory (3 kb) and it's integration with ROM is so strict that I'm afraid of removing it (for example you are unable to kill it - if you do so it will be respawned).

Hey Qbus great rom but.... when i recieve a call the answer buttons is on the touch screen so when my phone is in my pocket it answers itself can you revert the settings back so you have to press the main button on the phone to answer a call. Thanks. Using the manilla rom btw

Hey Qbus great rom but.... when i recieve a call the answer buttons is on the touch screen so when my phone is in my pocket it answers itself can you revert the settings back so you have to press the main button on the phone to answer a call. Thanks. Using the manilla rom btw

Have you read latest posts?

Guest Barthlon

is the opera in this rom the "standard" opera provided in the ia2 rom, or did you add the latest/another version?

because i noticed that it functions waaaay smoother than before. or can this be because of the incorporation of fl3?

it did also shutdown suddenly a few times, but that's a sacrifice i'm willing to make :)

i am noticing i'm not really a clean rom person. allthough you are doing a great job and leaving the most important programs in there, i'm still too lazy to re-add some programs i like.

are you not interested in making just an "updated" rom as an extra flavour next to the clean and manilla ones? i.e. leaving the rom as it is, but updating fl, .net and opera etc. to newer/better versions? i think there might be more people that would like that and you just seem to be able to make good roms in a jiffy :D

just an idea... :)

I just noticed that the blue light does not come on when Bluetooth or WiFi is turned on. Is there a Reg hack to let the light turn on??

Ron...

I don't know if this is issue of my ROM or DXIA2 in general...

EDIT: This is a problem of DXIA2. I don't have the solution (yet),

EDIT2: The leds blink only once after turning on WIFI/Bluetooh in DXHK3 (latest stable ROM) too . This works exactly the same in DXIA2, so I think this is something made "by design".

Edited by qbus

Guest ronaldb3
I don't know if this is issue of my ROM or DXIA2 in general...

EDIT: This is a problem of DXIA2. I don't have the solution (yet),

EDIT2: The leds blink only once after turning on WIFI/Bluetooh in DXHK3 (latest stable ROM) too . This works exactly the same in DXIA2, so I think this is something made "by design".

This makes sense as I went from Dr.Dot based on J1 to your A2.

Thanks... Ron...

This makes sense as I went from Dr.Dot based on J1 to your A2.

Thanks... Ron...

I've made a small update to wallpaper in CommManager. New revision of QB04M uploaded in first post.

noob here..

I can't seem to install the ROM, when I run the application on the PC and follow the instructions I get..

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

help a noob!~ Thanks

need to make sure that you install the modem driver first of all. See attached to this post.

I'm running on Vista. Have tried installing the modem drivers but still get the same problem.

Could it be because this driver is for Win XP? PDA device still not found, someone please help :|

Edited by moofus

I've added several cabs that work OK but I cannot get a version of Smart Converter to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks... Ron...

In my lunch break I'll create Smart Converter from DXIA2 version.

Guest Barthlon

there you can get a version without messenger, so hopefully he doesn't use that :)

btw, are you sure about the blue led during connection, even if it's only once? i must say i never ever noticed a blue led with previous roms, but i never really looked. now i just stared at it and turned on wi-fi and i didn't see anything (?).

In my lunch break I'll create Smart Converter from DXIA2 version.

I've added Smart Converter in first post as a CAB. I've checked it - it is working but one small bug sometimes occures with displaying lower part of the screen (which is not important for usability in my opinion).

Guest 3shirts
I've added Smart Converter in first post as a CAB. I've checked it - it is working but one small bug sometimes occures with displaying lower part of the screen (which is not important for usability in my opinion).

When I run it I can see the softbuttons at the bottom, the taskbar says the name and the little x appears in the top right but nothing appears on the screen. What am I doing wrong (installed to device memory)

EDIT: Ok, I downloaded and reinstalled and it seems to work now. All fine except the small missing bit at the bottom but like you say, it doesn't affect functionality

Edited by 3shirts

When I run it I can see the softbuttons at the bottom, the taskbar says the name and the little x appears in the top right but nothing appears on the screen. What am I doing wrong (installed to device memory)

EDIT: Ok, I downloaded and reinstalled and it seems to work now. All fine except the small missing bit at the bottom but like you say, it doesn't affect functionality

Do you use SmartConverter from this thread (it is important) and what version of ROM do you have?

Guest scoiattolo

Link on first post doesn't work anymore: it seems the file was removed :)

Guest 3shirts
Do you use SmartConverter from this thread (it is important) and what version of ROM do you have?

Not sure where I got the other from, I thought it was from here but perhaps not. The one I got from here works now