QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Link on first post doesn't work anymore: it seems the file was removed :)

It is working now.

EDIT: Another update :D I've just added to CABs to CAB Repository - "Small Fonts" and "Large Fonts". It is now easy to change the fonts size.

Edited by qbus

I've added several cabs that work OK but I cannot get a version of Smart Converter to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks... Ron...

hi,

you need to install the Smart Converter to Device, not My Storage or anywhere else. some of the apps cabs have to install to Device system.

Guest Ricky Lui

thanks Qbus for the great ROM.

I tried. Everything works great!

But I have problem with battery charging.

When I connected USB to PC with activsync, it won't charge the device.

Also, I noticed that even charging with AC Adaptor, the time is longer than before.

Approximately 1~2 hours more.

My previous ROM is DXHKL1.

Is there any fix for this issue?

Thanks

Good job :)

I have a small problem, the keyboard is not automatically displayed when I open a sms ( I must push keyboard button for see that )

Have you a idea when can i resolved my problem?

Edit : I resolved my problem with Favorite Hacking :D

Perfect now :)

Edited by Billou

Guest 3shirts

I have done a quick Mortscript to workaround the 'problem' with Smart Converter not showing the very bottom of the screen. All it does is call the app, minimise and then maximise it. This is enough to get the whole screen to show instead of missing the very bottom bit. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist :)

Run("Windows\SmartConverter.exe")

Minimize("Smart Converter")

Show("Smart Converter")[/codebox]

converterfix.zip

Edited by 3shirts

The updater is for Windows XP (as any other custom rom's updaters). To make an firmware flash you need to also install Samsung Modem Drivers.

Thanks. I have tried this on three different XP machines, but am not having luck either. I have installed the modem drivers from the samsung website, but many times it still asks me for further drivers when I plug in the phone on the XP machines. Is there a place where I can get the proper XP drivers?

I have done a quick Mortscript to workaround the 'problem' with Smart Converter not showing the very bottom of the screen. All it does is call the app, minimise and then maximise it. This is enough to get the whole screen to show instead of missing the very bottom bit. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist :D

Run("Windows\SmartConverter.exe")

Minimize("Smart Converter")

Show("Smart Converter")[/codebox]

I really don't know why it happens. SmartConverter from DXHK3 is the same file as the one from DXIA1...

OK I know - this is issue of SmartConverter itself :) and auto deployable keyboard which is turned off be default.

So if you want to have fully working SmartConverter turn on auto keyboard deploy.

Edited by qbus

wi-fi toggle in manilla today-settings-communications (DXIA2-QB04M) doesn't work for me, it's inactive, is there any fix for this problem or it's just me in particular?

sorry for my english, it's a little bit rusty...

Guest ronaldb3
I really don't know why it happens. SmartConverter from DXHK3 is the same file as the one from DXIA1...

OK I know - this is issue of SmartConverter itself :) and auto deployable keyboard which is turned off be default.

So if you want to have fully working SmartConverter turn on auto keyboard deploy.

So where might this turn on thing be?

Thanks... Ron...

Guest 3shirts
So where might this turn on thing be?

Thanks... Ron...

It's a reg change but if you install the 'favourite hackings' tool (it's on this forum) there is a nice easy toggle button

wi-fi toggle in manilla today-settings-communications (DXIA2-QB04M) doesn't work for me, it's inactive, is there any fix for this problem or it's just me in particular?

sorry for my english, it's a little bit rusty...

The fix is to disconnect phone from PC :).

Modified Samsung Widget and Samsung Online Widget CABs. They are now fully operational (have icons and buttons when clicking contacy in contact widget). Please get the updated version :).

Guest ronaldb3
I've added Smart Converter in first post as a CAB. I've checked it - it is working but one small bug sometimes occures with displaying lower part of the screen (which is not important for usability in my opinion).

Just downloaded and install the cab file from page 1. Works great! Thanks. :)

Ron...

Guest ronaldb3
It's a reg change but if you install the 'favourite hackings' tool (it's on this forum) there is a nice easy toggle button

Thanks for the tip. I installed the cab from page 1 here and it seems to be working.

Ron...

Thank you!

it worked this way but i had to softreset first...

on my athena wi-fi it works always, conected or not

That's weird. CommManager disables WiFi when the phone is connected to PC but immediately enables this option after phone disconnection.

Guest Dominic83

Hi qbus,

i installed your cab for small system fonts. But nothing changes. when i write a sms and click the menu button there are even the big fonts...

I did a soft reset after installation.

Any Ideas?

Hi qbus,

i installed your cab for small system fonts. But nothing changes. when i write a sms and click the menu button there are even the big fonts...

I did a soft reset after installation.

Any Ideas?

Honestly I don't know - on my Omnia it works correctly (as I've said I test every CAB before putting it here).

Guest darkonesS

hey man, nice job for the rom !! :)

im having an annoying prob with the manilla lite one.

i got attemps to connect to internet wap when device is connected to active sync ?

any ideas ?

thks

hey man, nice job for the rom !! :)

im having an annoying prob with the manilla lite one.

i got attemps to connect to internet wap when device is connected to active sync ?

any ideas ?

thks

In browser settings on operator tab of settings select auto internet detection.

Guest darkonesS
In browser settings on operator tab of settings select auto internet detection.

i think this is already checking.

are u talking about settings -> browser connection -> automatically detec settings ?