QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Don't you think that too many people prefer Full M2D, could you consider replacing Lite with Full M2D in next release?

maybe quick Poll ?

It's harder to get Manila Lite version then normal one. Why don't you want to install it from Sztupy's CAB?

If many people would like to have normal Manila cooked in ROM I will consider this in next release.

From my selfish point of view - I prefer Manila Lite to normal :) .

i have tried pretty much all the roms on this forum so far and have settled on this one as a fav.

i love the rom but would really like to atleast have the music icon back , weather it would link to touch player or s2p would not really matter much to me. also it would be handy to have s2u2 cooked in since the button to lock screen doesnt seem to work since install.

also of note a quick app to the flashlight would be a welcome addition as using the lower volume button even when the box is ticked just brings up the volume control and disregards the flashlight all together.

one last plea...can you leave in 1 more ring tone.. the classic bell. i kinda miss it and hate the samsung tune lol

overall its a great rom and thanks for the work you have done so far.

looking forward to more enhancements down the line from you.

keep up the great work

1. Music tab is already being discussed.

2. Not everyone wants to have S2U2 and it's not a big deal to install it later from CAB.

3. Screen lock works - please read first post how to enable it.

4. You can enable/disable flashlite from FavouriteSettings. There is an external application to do that but again - not everyone is interested in it and the main philosophy of ROM is to not cook external apps into it.

5. Volume down button is not working when Manila is enabled - this is a common problem and rather unfixable (manila launches external EXE file which is treated as not today screen by detector if allow to light the torch).

6. I'll create a CAB with ringtones soon.

Guest CobraMods
1. Music tab is already being discussed.

2. Not everyone wants to have S2U2 and it's not a big deal to install it later from CAB.

3. Screen lock works - please read first post how to enable it.

4. You can enable/disable flashlite from FavouriteSettings. There is an external application to do that but again - not everyone is interested in it and the main philosophy of ROM is to not cook external apps into it.

5. Volume down button is not working when Manila is enabled - this is a common problem and rather unfixable (manila launches external EXE file which is treated as not today screen by detector if allow to light the torch).

6. I'll create a CAB with ringtones soon.

ty bud. missed the screen lock in the 1st but will re read

do you know the name of the external app for the flashlight?

once again keep up the great work on the roms

it is all much appreciated

Hi there does anyone know or have the same problem as me??? I posted it on pg 24.

Problem with reassigning the hard keys... Due to 2 additional keys with <context menu> bound to them, I am unable to apply any other changes to button assignment. Please someone help :)

Edited by moofus

Hi there does anyone know or have the same problem as me??? I posted it on pg 24.

Problem with reassigning the hard keys... Due to 2 additional keys with <context menu> bound to them, I am unable to apply any other changes to button assignment. Please someone help :)

I'm not sure if I catch what do you have on mind...

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Why bother when you can install clean version and use Manila All-In-One Package from Sztupy?

Well, because that would mean wasting valuable internal storage in the first place. And the second would be, Manila is already working very nicely, why would I mess with it?

(Actually, if it wasn't your rom working that nice, I would have tried the new Manila v22, but I like the current state of my Omnia soo much -except the music and photos of course-)

Last of all, is it such a hard thing that I'm asking? I thought it would just need two cabs to be installed, right? (I have my XML corrected, the unused tabs waiting unticked)

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
From my selfish point of view - I prefer Manila Lite to normal :D .

Actually, isn't it possible to add photos (HTC Album?) and music via cab files? Then you wouldn't need to keep an additional version running...

QBUS05 / QBUS05ML / QBUS05MF... That list is getting crowded :)

Well, because that would mean wasting valuable internal storage in the first place. And the second would be, Manila is already working very nicely, why would I mess with it?

(Actually, if it wasn't your rom working that nice, I would have tried the new Manila v22, but I like the current state of my Omnia soo much -except the music and photos of course-)

Last of all, is it such a hard thing that I'm asking? I thought it would just need two cabs to be installed, right? (I have my XML corrected, the unused tabs waiting unticked)

There is no difference if files are cooked into ROM or put there later - they occupy the same memory :).

It's not hard think you are asking.

It just I'm personally disaffected by Audio tab which launches player without any warning. Also HTC Album is crappy with Omnia cause you can't have the same dir for favourites and camera storage (otherwise movies are saved unproperly).

Nevertheless - in order not to trash the thread with poll if you want to vote visit my blog and leave a comment in proper post :D. I'll take that later under considaration when cooking new ROM.

I'm not sure if I catch what do you have on mind...

I'm talking about the Buttons assignment menu

From Settings ===> Personal Tab ===> Buttons.

I can't change the bindings

Actually, isn't it possible to add photos (HTC Album?) and music via cab files? Then you wouldn't need to keep an additional version running...

QBUS05 / QBUS05ML / QBUS05MF... That list is getting crowded :)

This is not so easy :) I don't have missing theme files for full manila version so I need to spend some time on looking for nice full Manila theme :D. Or maybe you can suggest nice (dark and simple!) theme I could use?

I'm talking about the Buttons assignment menu

From Settings ===> Personal Tab ===> Buttons.

I can't change the bindings

Ive just made a hard reset to check that and didn't notice any problems with button assignments.

You have two options:

1) hard-reset

2) Manually edit these registry entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C4]

Ive just made a hard reset to check that and didn't notice any problems with button assignments.

You have two options:

1) hard-reset

2) Manually edit these registry entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C4]

but..

Any idea where i can find the <today> file???

Guest ronaldb3

I am enjoying the M2D lite version. I have never used the full version.

Can someone tell me what would be the major gains by using the full version?

Thanks... Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

but..

Any idea where i can find the <today> file???

I would edit those entries to point anything (but existing) and then normally change what I need in Control Panel/Personal/Buttons settings.

Guest leppiel

Man, thanks for this ROM!

The battery life is great so far. After fully charging it yesterday via USB, it remained at 100% till the morning, even after using GPS and Google Maps and left the Wifi on all night, I thought it must be a bug! But then it dropped after several snoozed from the alarm. Now I been using it a lot today, with calls and music, and this evening it's still at 70%!

I have picked up a bug, not sure if ROM related, but the Samsung Keyboard stops works in the latest Google Maps. The builtin keyboard still works. Requires a soft-reset to fix.

Thanks again

Cheers

leppie

I would edit those entries to point anything (but existing) and then normally change what I need in Control Panel/Personal/Buttons settings.

I can't change those assignments as there are 2 additional buttons there. Button 5 and Button 6,

both of which are assigned to <context menu>... which brings me back to the main problem :)

Edit: attached an image of my button screen. What r those 2 buttons? Are they the full screen volume control menu??

post-453029-1233937667_thumb.jpg

Edited by moofus

Guest technology

How to disable Threaded SMS in the clean rom. I tried the following hack, it worked but no sound when receiving a message:

1) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSAvailable

2) Change from 1 to 0

3) Switch off phone for 20 seconds

4) Switch on phone

Is there another way to return the normal SMS.

Thanks

I can't change those assignments as there are 2 additional buttons there. Button 5 and Button 6,

both of which are assigned to <context menu>... which brings me back to the main problem :)

Edit: attached an image of my button screen. What r those 2 buttons? Are they the full screen volume control menu??

You've messed up something really badly :D Try to find that two additional buttons in registry and remove the branches for them.

Or simplier solution - hard-reset :).

How to disable Threaded SMS in the clean rom. I tried the following hack, it worked but no sound when receiving a message:

1) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSAvailable

2) Change from 1 to 0

3) Switch off phone for 20 seconds

4) Switch on phone

Is there another way to return the normal SMS.

Thanks

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...g-mode-changer/

Remember to do soft-reset after change.

hey

first of all I love the DXIA2-QB05M rom wich I am using.

However the programs all really close when pressing X. When using messenger or internet that is pretty annoying. Is there a way to just minimize by pressing X.

also i have an @MSN ACCOUNT but when i go to email the program crashes.

anyone help please???

Guest nyasin1
hey

first of all I love the DXIA2-QB05M rom wich I am using.

However the programs all really close when pressing X. When using messenger or internet that is pretty annoying. Is there a way to just minimize by pressing X.

also i have an @MSN ACCOUNT but when i go to email the program crashes.

anyone help please???

go to settings>system>task manager>button and change enable "end programs by tapping and holding x" after these settings when you tapping x program is minimized if you tap and holding x program is close

Edited by nyasin1

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
This is not so easy ;) I don't have missing theme files for full manila version so I need to spend some time on looking for nice full Manila theme :P . Or maybe you can suggest nice (dark and simple!) theme I could use?

I managed to run the music tab, just by installing "AudioManager_2.0_1819.2129.cab" file (from M2D v19 I had previously downloaded) and adding a few lines to settings xml file. It runs all ok (playing and all).

The photos tab seems to look ok, too. But although I've installed "Album_2.0_1818.3829.4.cab", it gives error about not finding "Albumsearcher.exe"... I guess that file was in a seperate cab on v19 Manila install.

So,

1) Qbus, looks like your rom already have the required image files. Even without installing those apps, tabs look all ok, just don't do anything :)

2) Music tab is ok, working fully just by installing a cab and adding a line to the XML. I'll attach the cab and post the line below.

3) For Photos tab, cab file is not enough. We need to find where that "albumsearcher.exe" is. With that, installing a cab and a line in the xml will be enough. I believe :D

Here is the line we need to add between "<Tabs>" and "</Tabs>" lines:

<MusicWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="17,18" tab_icon="166,167" big_icon="39,58" />

The cab file for the music tab is attached below.

I hope this helps :)

AudioManager_2.0_1819.2129.cab

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
go to settings>system>task manager>button and change enable "end programs by tapping and holding x" after these settings when you tapping x program is minimized if you tap and holding x program is close

You could also put an app running in the background by selecting Start -> Today, instead of tapping X. That way, the app would still be running.

I prefer nyasin1's way anyways :)