HTC's 2009 Products leaked

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Over at DIYPDA.com (via PPCGeeks via wmpoweruser) it seems there has been a rather significant leak of HTC's potential 2009 products!

Without further ado... see below... there's some nice lookers in there, including a new 3G excalibur Smartphone!

The pictures are pretty grainy, and specs are very much unknown, but what tickles your fancy? :)

P

001.jpg002.jpg

003.jpg004.jpg

005.jpg006.jpg

007.jpg008.jpg

009.jpg010.jpg

011.jpg012.jpg

013.jpg014.jpg

015.jpg016.jpg

017.jpg018.jpg

019.jpg020.jpg

021.jpg022.jpg

023.jpg024.jpg

025.jpg

WTF... :) and a yawn

Still no replacement for my C500.. I wonder what kind of id.... that are in charge over at HTC Headquarters.

Btw. - I spoke to a person from HTC telling me that they do not want another S310 with no succes..

I tried telling him that the S310 arrived at a market that was used to QVGA resolution, WIFI and GPS, but it was a no go..

Goodbye HTC - Samsung here I come..

Guest simon211175

I see no obvious contenders for being smartphones here, apart from perhaps the blackjack style factors. Nothing for those who want say for example an S740 without a keyboard.

This isn't necessarily an exhaustive list of course...

P

I know - but seriously.

HTC has been sitting on their hands for the last 3 years !!.

Producing around 20 handsets more or less the same.. Maybe a littler heavier, and maybe in white, but generally pretty boring IMHO.

I don´t want HTC to be another Nokia producing to many different handsets to comprehend, but just a candybar PHONE with GPS, WiFi, 3G, no xT9 and a good looking screen..

(And NO - I do not want a S710/S730/S740, ´cause I do not use the keyboard)

Its not that difficult, and its actually cheap compared to slide-out keyboards etc etc etc..

/J

(but the manufacturers don't believe it'll sell)

P

Exactly - because they compare it with the bad result with the S310 (according to my HTC source) ..

For some reason they do not want to produce a competitive candybar handset..

And then we have to accept that the only handset (right now) is the Samsung SGH i200 (sigh)

Guest philg2000

Slightly off-topic then, but what would the panel recommend as a 3g/WM6 replacement for a C550?

I would go for a S740, but its quite tall and really not that much smaller than my Touch Pro.

Guest Ypocaramel

For the most part I think the current gen of smartphones reached a plateau with around the Kaiser - GPS, 2.8"+ screen, OS, camera, HSDPA - are all features standard. The Diamond and Touch Pro series tweaked the formula with better screens and designs, and there are different form factors - E71, Pre, iPhone but generally the hardware featureset is quite similar. Large intergrated memory is also standard post-iPhone but that was always available through mini-SDHC.

Guest simon211175
but what would the panel recommend as a 3g/WM6 replacement for a C550?

The HP Voice Messenger is potentially ideal - it has a Blackberry Pearlesque keyboard, and a few bugs that HP are stalling on getting fixed, but otherwise it's getting good feedback. It'd be my choice of phone if it was readily available on anything other than Vodafone Business - I'm not paying £300 for a new phone.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Without further ado... see below... there's some nice lookers in there, including a new 3G excalibur Smartphone!

Ummmm, there already is a '3G excalibur' smartphone....it's called the cavalier / s630....any reason other than un-confirmed / photoshopped pics of a restlyed handset to get excited about it? (i.e...'!') HSUPA?

M.S

Guest Paul (MVP)
Ummmm, there already is a '3G excalibur' smartphone....it's called the cavalier / s630....any reason other than un-confirmed / photoshopped pics of a restlyed handset to get excited about it? (i.e...'!') HSUPA?

M.S

Yeah, I did consider the cavalier, but it never really set the world on fire and more importantly never had great availability! An excalibur with 3G, GPS, WiFi + decent cam would be very compelling...

any reason other than un-confirmed / photoshopped pics of a restlyed handset to get excited about it? (i.e...'!') HSUPA?

Not sure i'd say i'm excited about it, just hopeful! :)

P

Is it just me or do the Maple, Cedar and Willow (HTC must have bought a book on trees recently...) look similar to the first Android prototype?

android_htc_prototype_live_image_1.jpg

They all look similar to the current generation, apart from the lack of something like the Diamond. There are many Blackstone replacements, and every over form factor HTC has, apart from something with a decent number of hardware buttons!

Guest andrewkeith5

I have to say I'm liking the look of the Tungsten

I hope it'll be running windows mobile (preferrably v7 too) .... my upgrade isn't due until july so seen as t-mobile are still yet to release the damn vario 4 i might just wait to see if they announce that before upgrading my kaiser

time to find a new housing to replace the battered one on my kaiser then - i'm sure t-mobile won't give me a very good upgrade deal :)

Guest sxywill2005

Will we see an upgrade to the shift? Netbooks are popular, but HTC's form factor is the dogs nuts. HTC Shift upgrade wishlist:

Intel Atom + Nvidia Ion

1 GB RAM minimum

Upgradeable SSD

6 Cell Battery

Optional USB powered DVD-RW

People will pay for a premium netbook! HTC was a little to expensive and late to market. When the Shift eventually came out we were seeing Atom processors in Netbooks which took the fizz away from the A100 processor found in the Shift.

Guest andrewkeith5

the htc shift isn't really a netbook, it's a UMPC, hence its larger price, touchscreen and better specs than any netbook

it'd be good for htc to produce a netbook, but to be honest i can't really see it happening

as an afterthought, i'd really quite like to see the kaiser form factor back in smartphones/pocket pcs - that really is the "dogs nuts" idea, and i think i'd miss it in my next upgrade

Edited by andrewkeith5

the htc shift isn't really a netbook, it's a UMPC, hence its larger price, touchscreen and better specs than any netbook

it'd be good for htc to produce a netbook, but to be honest i can't really see it happening

as an afterthought, i'd really quite like to see the kaiser form factor back in smartphones/pocket pcs - that really is the "dogs nuts" idea, and i think i'd miss it in my next upgrade

The Raphael with a tilt, and maybe slightly thinner would be the best!

HTC seem more premium orientated (they have the Opal/Jade, and virtually nothing else around that price point) so I doubt a netbook will happen...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.