"Switch to USB phone Success"

Guest cooluisgzz

Guest cooluisgzz

I need help! im stuck at: "opening COM 13 succeded" switching to USB phone succcess"then nothing happends!!

Please help me! im really scared, did I just bricked me phone?? plz help me :)

(My phone is still connected to the USB and the update is still running) but its stuck at "Switching to USB phone Success"

Guest cooluisgzz
had the same problem. close the firmware update and try again.

Do i need to turn off the phone or something? or just close the firmware update and restart?

And if it works, do i turn off the phone? or what do i do?

Thank you in advance, im really worried

Guest Cutefox

to all of u who had usb phone problem, TAKE OUT ur simcard and microsd, i found that with my fone it will always fail if simcard and microsd is still in..

to all of u who had usb phone problem, TAKE OUT ur simcard and microsd, i found that with my fone it will always fail if simcard and microsd is still in..

Also tried it and but it didnt work but anyway it is good point to have in mind. (Less data to read or conflict :) )

Worked after several tries for upgrading.

I had to remove the cable, reinstall samsung drivers and run the procedure again.

Hope that helps to the rest.

Edited by sector

Guest bobobird

Switching cable to another usb port can be tryed.

Or try with another computer.

As long as the first parts have been done and only phone part is stuck. The phone will boot. Just reflash.

Try downloading the attached file, samsung modem xp driver... install then reboot. Then reflash. Hope this helps... :)

I think you should install the modem again, if you reboot .

Guest murymury

if it reashed this part in the update then dont worry your phone will work fine again. only yhe phone part isnt updated yet. i had the same problem, i was afraid also.

just make sure you have netframework installed 1,2 & 3 also

make sure you have the samsung xp installed if u already had it installed uninstall it and install it from another place.

then try again, if it doesnt work try on your friend pc, probablly it will work.

but then if you need to make it on your pc. formatt reinstall a clean xp install frameworks, samsung drivers and you are ready to go.

good luck

Guest cooluisgzz

Thank you everyone for your help! I already flashed successfully, the issue was this. I already had the USB modem drivers from samsung installed, so When I ran the firmware upgrade it stalled because it was trying to install the modem driver once the phone was upgrading in the phone part, so when I reinstalled the samsung modem driver and ran the firmware upgrade again it stalled on the same problem "Switching to USB phone Success!" because it was trying once again to install the driver when it recognized the phone, So what I did is just not reinstall the modem drivers and run the firmware upgrade and it worked!, I also flashed a friend's omnia without any problems

Special thanks to Sector, I was really panicked and he helped me :)

Edited by cooluisgzz

Guest HoffiImNetz
Thank you everyone for your help! I already flashed successfully, the issue was this. I already had the USB modem drivers from samsung installed, so When I ran the firmware upgrade it stalled because it was trying to install the modem driver once the phone was upgrading in the phone part, so when I reinstalled the samsung modem driver and ran the firmware upgrade again it stalled on the same problem "Switching to USB phone Success!" because it was trying once again to install the driver when it recognized the phone, So what I did is just not reinstall the modem drivers and run the firmware upgrade and it worked!, I also flashed a friend's omnia without any problems

Special thanks to Sector, I was really panicked and he helped me :)

Sorry, but I didn't understood your description: Did you deinstall the modem-driver before updating again?

HoffiImNetz