OK, so i have the phone....msn issues...

Guest Tony Mc

Guest Tony Mc

Right..

on the bus home today i messed about with msn, logged in and lo and behold the phone tried to download 10000 emails.... i managed to stop it at 24 but it totally freezed up the phone and i had to take the battery out.

I don't really wnat all my emails from hotmail on the phone what i REALLY don't want is the contact list no showing my 300+ msn contacts as well as my phone numbers..

how do i change this?

the filters only shows the latest accessed ones..

ideas?

Tony

Guest Rishi_Tank
Right..

on the bus home today i messed about with msn, logged in and lo and behold the phone tried to download 10000 emails.... i managed to stop it at 24 but it totally freezed up the phone and i had to take the battery out.

I don't really wnat all my emails from hotmail on the phone what i REALLY don't want is the contact list no showing my 300+ msn contacts as well as my phone numbers..

how do i change this?

the filters only shows the latest accessed ones..

ideas?

Tony

There is an option on messenger or windows live that deals with synching so if you choose not to sync all your emails and messenger contacts untick the relevant boxes e.g. there should be an option to sync email so untick that if you don't want your emails from hotmail on your phone. Also make sure that whatever you do DO NOT delete any of the synched email addresses in your phonebook because that will then delete them permenantly from your MSN contact list! So just untick the boxes in the synching options to safely remove contacts/emails from your phone. I think it should be under options or account options where you'll find the synching options. Hope this helps.

Guest Tony Mc
There is an option on messenger or windows live that deals with synching so if you choose not to sync all your emails and messenger contacts untick the relevant boxes e.g. there should be an option to sync email so untick that if you don't want your emails from hotmail on your phone. Also make sure that whatever you do DO NOT delete any of the synched email addresses in your phonebook because that will then delete them permenantly from your MSN contact list! So just untick the boxes in the synching options to safely remove contacts/emails from your phone. I think it should be under options or account options where you'll find the synching options. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much i am looking into this now.

I have another issue which is, 3G is always connecting that or HSDPA when it can...

should I be worried by this? i am panicking that i will get a massive bill, I do have 250meg per month to use but have no idea how much this will use up

Guest MikeWard1701
I have another issue which is, 3G is always connecting that or HSDPA when it can...

should I be worried by this? i am panicking that i will get a massive bill, I do have 250meg per month to use but have no idea how much this will use up

It all depends on what apps you have running in the background on the HD, things like weather and stocks, will periodically update (this can be turned off in their settings). Some web pages automatically refresh. As do Windows Live services such as messenger.

Best policy if you're worried about your data usage is to close any apps that use the data connection when not it in use, set things like weather and stocks to manual updates.

And as a stop-gap, download and install Paul's NoData app. :)

Hope this helps,

Mike

Guest jonajuna

you could also add a data monitoring app like Spb Wireless Monitor or the like, im sure their are freeware versions availiable :)

with the above, you can set daily, weekly and monthly alerts depending on data useage

but having 3G or even gprs running will not incur charges, you only pay for data transferred rather than connection time (unlike olde fashioned wap where you paid per minute)

of course, having 3G or gprs running will eat up your battery quicker.......

and some have signal strength problems when the fone seeks and auto connects between 3G and 2G signal.

i dont see any real problem though, and like the ability of 3G... i have 500meg data and dont chew it up :D

Guest Monolithix

*pssst* Join us in the modaco group on Palringo :)

Data connection will always be live btw, you'll only use data as needed, eg leaving msn online will occasionally ping the msn servers to them know you're still online.