Changing Blackjack 2 system fonts

Guest jeffglenellen

Guest jeffglenellen
sshot001.bmp Ok,so I've had quite a few people ask me how to change the system font on their WM6 devices.I'm currently running 6.1 but I'm sure this shouldn't be a problem if you're running WM6.Anyways on with it,ok first things first,make sure your phone is connected to the pc via ActiveSync and make sure you have a mobile registry editor.You can find one here(it is titled "CeRegEditor"):http://www.myblackjack2.com/category/applications/utilities/ It is also important to note that for this to work,when you find a font you want,make sure you put it into your phone via Active sync before you proceed further or else this will not work.just do a quick google search for "free fonts" and find one that you like.you can always change it later if you'd like.when you find one that you like save it onto your desktop for easy access for later .make sure the font file ends with ".ttf",now drag that .ttf font file you want into your mobile device in the \Windows\Fonts folder.After you do this open up the mobile registry editor,click on the F1 button and navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE.from there open up System/GDI/SYSFONT double-click the "nm" Key and change the name of the font to the one that you have chosen.make sure to spell it EXACTLY how it is spelled when you double-left-click on the font file that is on your desktop.here is an example of what the box that opens up when you do this should look like: http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x12/jen...ek/PIC-0003.jpg So the name of this font should be spelled Komika Text Type.after you change the "nm"key name,navigate to HKey Local Machine/System/GWE/Menu/ .now,under Menu,you will see 2 folders,Barfnt and Popfnt,change both of the "nm" keys toyour font just as you did in the previous folder.now,voila,reboot your phone and see the beauty.i'm currently using the Poor Richard font.Hope this helps a lot of you out.If you have any more questions just drop me a line.later,kids :) Edited by jeffglenellen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pcguru000

any clue on how to change the font in the contacts list?

I figured all of this out by myself just kind of looking through the registry on my bj2 ... but after changing the font (nice digital lcd looking one) ... setting it up on my home screen and in the registry (just like you did above...)

For some reason the contact list is still in a segoe looking font... i did a search through the whole registry for other entries regarding "font" or "fnt" but came up with nothing...

Any clues?

Guest jeffglenellen
any clue on how to change the font in the contacts list?

I figured all of this out by myself just kind of looking through the registry on my bj2 ... but after changing the font (nice digital lcd looking one) ... setting it up on my home screen and in the registry (just like you did above...)

For some reason the contact list is still in a segoe looking font... i did a search through the whole registry for other entries regarding "font" or "fnt" but came up with nothing...

Any clues?

My buddy onesojourner wrote a more expanded tutorial on this topic which covers how to change all the system and homescreen fonts.you can find it here:http://www.modaco.com/content/i617-i617-mo...jack-ii-wm-6-1/

Edited by jeffglenellen