T-Mobile upgrade- which phone?

Guest andycat

Guest andycat

I'm due my T-Mobile upograde and can have the Compact IV (HTC Diamond?) or the Samsung Omnia, or wait.

What would you do? I've had a HTC Touch, a Tytn, a Tytn II and from this path have been happy for the last year with an HP ipaq 614c Business Navigator.

Would I be disappointed with either of the above phones in comparison?

Guest psionandy
I'm due my T-Mobile upograde and can have the Compact IV (HTC Diamond?) or the Samsung Omnia, or wait.

What would you do? I've had a HTC Touch, a Tytn, a Tytn II and from this path have been happy for the last year with an HP ipaq 614c Business Navigator.

Would I be disappointed with either of the above phones in comparison?

vario IV... is shipping to upgrade customers at the moment... (HTC Touch Pro) would be the next in the line you're following.

vario IV... is shipping to upgrade customers at the moment... (HTC Touch Pro)

I got a call from Tmob upgrades just this morning saying that theyve still not got this handset available. Where did you hear that they've got it available on upgrade?

Guest fatmcgav

Amo,

Hope you dont mind me jumping in on your thread, just I'm in the same boat, and would love to grab a Diamond Pro...

Anybody got any insider info on when it may be available? Or anything else coming to TMobile that will compare???

Cheers

Gavin

Guest fatmcgav
Just ordered mine on upgrade via 150 :)

Paid £92 for it on a 12 month contract, Relax 20 (£20 per month, which I actually get for half price so only £10pm)

Sweet, looks like i shall have to ring 150... Should be even cheaper for me on Flext 35 18mth...

Were you past the date you can upgrade, or before?

As i was told my date was the 28th... Can but try though... :D

Edit: Doh, just tried and it said I cant talk to anyone until the 26th... Anyone know a different way in other than option 310 on 150?

Cheers

Gav

Edited by fatmcgav

I was around 5 months over my due date (been holding out for the touch pro). You could always try 150, then option 5, 3, 2, 1 - basically the option to speak to someone about leaving.

Just say you want to leave - and if they can offer you an upgrade slightly early, you'll think about staying :)

Guest simon211175
Should be even cheaper for me on Flext 35 18mth

They offered it to me a week ago as an upgrade, free on 18 month combi 30+ web n walk (£35).

Just say you want to leave - and if they can offer you an upgrade slightly early, you'll think about staying

they won't. They don't much care about keeping the people who are at the end of their contract, they're not going to offer you a good deal now when you're still in contract. Not unless you're really special.

Guest fatmcgav
They offered it to me a week ago as an upgrade, free on 18 month combi 30+ web n walk (£35).

they won't. They don't much care about keeping the people who are at the end of their contract, they're not going to offer you a good deal now when you're still in contract. Not unless you're really special.

simon,

thats gd to know... shall just have to wait a wk.. :)

Cheers

Gav

But if he can upgrade at the end of the month, that means he can put his 30 day notice period in - which may give them a push to offer him something... worth a try!

Guest simon211175
But if he can upgrade at the end of the month

end of THIS month? If that's the case then they should be able to offer something now. If next month, then they won't accept the 30 days notice until the 28th of January anyway. I guess it's always worth a try, but just don't expect anything favourable - T-Mobile aren't offering much in the way of good deals at the moment.

Guest fatmcgav

Hmm, that kinda sucks...

Rang up today to find out the details for an early upgrade to a Vario IV, and because i'm looking at an early upgrade, they want to charge me £183 to upgrade...

In 2 minds as to whether to just go for it, and then sell my current phone, or try and stick it out till end of march...

On the plus side, they had some 400 in stock, so looks like they're in good supply atm...

Hmm, decisions decisions...

Gav

Guest fatmcgav

Ok, in the end i decided to go for it and ordered one...

Received it first things this morning, and have now started playing with my new toy... and on first impressions I must say... WOW!!!

Screens soo much better, phone is soo much more responsive, feels really nice in the hand...

Though the Pink TouchFlo theme is well... garish... but that's going to be easy enough to change...

Also one point to note is that the Vario IV uses a different back cover, like this, and i must admit having played with a Diamond and the pointy back, this feels quite nice... Shall have to try and change my Invisishied order though... :)

Will feedback more once i'va had a good play...

Cheers

Gavin

Hmm, that kinda sucks...

Rang up today to find out the details for an early upgrade to a Vario IV, and because i'm looking at an early upgrade, they want to charge me £183 to upgrade...

In 2 minds as to whether to just go for it, and then sell my current phone, or try and stick it out till end of march...

On the plus side, they had some 400 in stock, so looks like they're in good supply atm...

Hmm, decisions decisions...

Gav