Hungarian (so non-WWE) language files hacked into WWE

Guest sztupy

Sziasztok!

Because I got a Raphael, and my Omnia goes to Mrs. SztupY, I had to re-create the Hungarian interface, because she just doesn't like when the phone is English. She does like the M2D interface though, but that will only work with WWE (0409) ROM's.

So what I did is simple: I renamed the Hungarian (040e) language files so they would look like they were English files (0409). Unfortunately this wasn't that easy, because I had to hex-edit and re-sign a bit, but eventually it did work. I kept the start menu and control panel in english, because they didn't work. Everything else is "hungarized". Didn't test it thourougly so this is considered ALPHA and it may brick your phone (On my first try the phone didn't boot so had to do a hard reset).

Here is the cab you have to install: Hunglish_omnia.cab

The files were signed with the VS demo certificates. If you don't have a ROM with certificate checking disabled you might need to install these certificates first: Certs.cab

And if you're curious and want to port your language files to 0409 (WWE) then this is what I did:

1. Runned a small script that did the hex-editing. DL, and change the numbers to your countrys ID: batch.zip

2. Re-Signed the files with signtool (included in visual studio)

3. Made a cab with pkg2cab (my tool :) )

BACKUP everything before installing the cab! And if you find a program that doesn't work, then please tell me!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say thanks to PeterK, who provided the hungarian HL2 files. Thanks!

Edited by sztupy

Keep up working! Hungarians changed sunnysoft because your language upgrade has much smaller size! :)

:D) Maybe it's because I don't have that useless SIP :)