What ROM shall I update my i900 to?

Guest lionelblair

Guest lionelblair

Hi all

I bought a Samsung i900 a several months ago from Ebay straight from Singapore. I couldn't wait for it to be released over here! It's been running on O2 fine from the moment I inserted my SIM card.

It's been playing up lately, keylock hasn't worked since my last hard reboot and that is most annoying. Today, when texting using predictive text, the words have started throwing up complete nonsense with accents, in Russian etc...

So I've done another hard reboot but this time I changed my phone to UK using the following guide:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rsion-tutorial/

I'm now at the stage where I don't really know what ROM I should upgrade to. When I go to Samsung's website and put in UK and my current version, "i900DXHG4", it says the version you have entered is incorrect. I assume this is because I'm selecting UK when my phone came from Singapore?

So I can't get any new firmware and I also don't know if I should be looking for UK or Singapore firmware. I'm in the UK so I guess I would ideally want to change my phone to the latest UK firmware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

If you unlocked the phone using the code it should update fine. How exactly did you change your phone to uk if you didn't update your rom?

P.S.: You should use Dx roms and you can find them here on this site. Check secany's thread for "official" or other threads for cooked roms.

Edited by bpivk

Guest lionelblair
If you unlocked the phone using the code it should update fine. How exactly did you change your phone to uk if you didn't update your rom?

P.S.: You should use Dx roms and you can find them here on this site. Check secany's thread for "official" or other threads for cooked roms.

Hi bpivk

The only part I have done is this:

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'UK', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

And that's where I have stopped. So you're saying Dx roms then, are they modified official roms? I'm still not sure whether I should be looking for UK or Singapore roms though mate. Consider me a buffoon and tell me which one you would get if you were me!

Cheers

Mark

Guest thegoodly

i started on the same rom as you back when i got my omnia in september. and have been upgrading every new rom since, custom and the (unofficial)...official roms from secany. it depends what you want from a rom, if you like the origonal omnia style then go for the latest roms on secanys thread. ethier HL3 / AI1.

of course if you prefer to get it from the samsung site, then yea id go for the singapore, i tried putting loads of rom versions in the uk bit, and none of them worked.

hope it helps a bit