Any custom ROM with IE6 browser included or installation guide?

Guest mquintas

Guest mquintas

Dear All,

I have viewed at Modaco and xda that there are several cooked ROMs for HTC Blackstone and others with IE6 browser running in WM6.1 build 6.1.4 and above.

I want to try IE6 in my i900 Omnia but i can´t find Omnia custom ROMs with cooked IE6 included or a correct way to install it.

Please anyone to help me with steps to install correctly internet explorer mobile 6, i am using Lufeig Version DXIA1 LFI05 Build 21014 Aku 1.6.0 ROM

Thanking in advance

mquintas

In theory any ROM that has a later SYS than 20755 supports IE6, but many of the ROM cookers get it out, because they don't like it and it takes away 3-4Mb of free space. I don't know whether it can be installed later on these ROM's though. I know shokka has at least one ROM that has IE6 included. I don't know about the others. Lufeig's ROM also has a later SYS, but it hasn't got the IE6 files. Try finding a cab, maybe that will work.

just for the record, i remove it because imho:

- ie6 mobile is in its early development stage, so there are too many bugs, too many improvements to be made. opera mobile is way better by now;

- it is a clean rom, so everything which is essencially not necessary, is removed.

there are some cabs floating at xda developers, maybe you could take a look there too!

regards,

lufeig

Guest shokka9

To put some people's mind at rest...(and Lufeig's :) )

I use PIE 6, not as much as Opera (Opera, the latest one, is my default browser), but i use it to view mediafire and sites that Opera has difficulty with.

I prefer Opera for speed and accuracy, but PIE 6 is very good at what it is doing. I haven't come across any bugs due to the early development stage it's at either. It works quite well in my opinion.

I will leave it in all my ROMs, with the newer SYS, as thats what i do. I make clean ROMs, but with stuff that you can use straight after flashing.

Good luck

Guest chuti98
To put some people's mind at rest...(and Lufeig's :) )

I use PIE 6, not as much as Opera (Opera, the latest one, is my default browser), but i use it to view mediafire and sites that Opera has difficulty with.

I prefer Opera for speed and accuracy, but PIE 6 is very good at what it is doing. I haven't come across any bugs due to the early development stage it's at either. It works quite well in my opinion.

I will leave it in all my ROMs, with the newer SYS, as thats what i do. I make clean ROMs, but with stuff that you can use straight after flashing.

Good luck

have you got a cab or OEM? I would like to put in my rom :D

Where would I get the updated XIP and SYS modules? I actually dont use Opera at all and would prefer to use a clean rom with PIE6 and stripped of mostly everything else, I am finding the new widgets just as useless as the old and only use WMP, email and a few other apps.

Thanks shokka9, but reading the automated rom tool thread mouse mode doesnt work with 20954 SYS & XIP modules, correct? I do actually use the mouse mode almost all the time so just wondering if your roms with this version have mouse mode working.

Guest mquintas

3 days using shokka9´s i900DXIA1/DXHL3_SHK09 lite version ROM with Pocket Internet Explorer 6 included, all working ok!

In my opinion i prefer Opera 9.5 browser for speed, multiple tab option, zoom, cache at my storage and other browser options.

Like shokkas9, i use PIE6 only to open some webpages that Opera 9.5 can´t, but i think it´s usefull if we can have both PIE6 and Opera browsers in our next roms

Now waiting DXIA2 lite with PIE6 included!!!

regards,

mquintas

Guest shokka9
Thanks shokka9, but reading the automated rom tool thread mouse mode doesnt work with 20954 SYS & XIP modules, correct? I do actually use the mouse mode almost all the time so just wondering if your roms with this version have mouse mode working.

mouse NOT working, same as everybody else. This hasn't been done yet....

If you use the mouse, then i would suggest looking for the PIE 6 cab files, its at xda forum somewhere, maybe here too...not quite sure.

Take care....

Oh, my DXIA2 ROMs, will be lite (clean), with 20954 SYS & XIP (maybe newer) and of course PIE 6. Opera will be left out, as you can install whatever version you want.

Laterz peoples

Guest arunachalam

I tried one rom with ie6.initially not working.then I went to registry and change the value from 1 to 0.then I tried and ie6 working.but no use.flash video not working properly and you cannot browse modaco.com full page.only center part loaded.so much expectations on ie6.but totally waste.In opera also we cant post a thread or reply for some threads in modaco.after two three page open opera hangs.waiting for skyfire in India.smaller size and good performence.Now omnia looks boaring.Dont keep expectations on ie6.

I tried one rom with ie6.initially not working.then I went to registry and change the value from 1 to 0.then I tried and ie6 working.but no use.flash video not working properly and you cannot browse modaco.com full page.only center part loaded.so much expectations on ie6.but totally waste.In opera also we cant post a thread or reply for some threads in modaco.after two three page open opera hangs.waiting for skyfire in India.smaller size and good performence.Now omnia looks boaring.Dont keep expectations on ie6.

Did you change the render mode to "desktop"?

Did the ROM you used contain Flash Lite 3.1?

for me modaco works fine with the flash banner on top, and without those irritating bugs, that are in the stock opera version.

Guest shokka9
Thanks shokka9 for clarifying. I wonder if using this cab http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...r-6-build-8-12/ and making it a package and cooking it will work without disabliing mouse mode?

I can try for you??

My kitchen is down at the mo, but i won't be releasing anything for a bit anyway (working on projects), so i have time to try stuff like this. I will PM you, if i get it going, ok?

Just need to remove IE from the standard SYS and see if the package works...might not be as easy as that, but i will see.

Take care

I can try for you??

My kitchen is down at the mo, but i won't be releasing anything for a bit anyway (working on projects), so i have time to try stuff like this. I will PM you, if i get it going, ok?

Just need to remove IE from the standard SYS and see if the package works...might not be as easy as that, but i will see.

Take care

Thanks, I am going to try myself tonight after work but would appreciate your feedback on the process as well. One thing I notice from the files in the cab, doesnt seem like flashlite 3.1 is there (unless Im wrong), I suppose just adding it as a task will take care of that, correct?

3 days using shokka9´s i900DXIA1/DXHL3_SHK09 lite version ROM with Pocket Internet Explorer 6 included, all working ok!

In my opinion i prefer Opera 9.5 browser for speed, multiple tab option, zoom, cache at my storage and other browser options.

Like shokkas9, i use PIE6 only to open some webpages that Opera 9.5 can´t, but i think it´s usefull if we can have both PIE6 and Opera browsers in our next roms

Now waiting DXIA2 lite with PIE6 included!!!

regards,

mquintas

Yeah Im still waiting for clean DXIA2\DXIA2 with PIE6 and Opera 9.5 flash3.1 enabled

Guest arunachalam

Dear sztupy,I tried with desktop mode single column,fullscreen,fit to window.flv screen loaded.If I tap inside the player adobe screen popup.after that nothing happened.If possible pl post your ie6 files.I used pauls 6on6.Have you seen full modaco on ie6? Thankyou.

Edited by arunachalam

Guest shokka9
Thanks, I am going to try myself tonight after work but would appreciate your feedback on the process as well. One thing I notice from the files in the cab, doesnt seem like flashlite 3.1 is there (unless Im wrong), I suppose just adding it as a task will take care of that, correct?

exactly efjay, just update with task.

Good luck, you know where to find me.

@chokia

I cannot get DXIA2 with newer SYS & XIP to work (which i need to get PIE 6 working properly). Yet...

I will do it very soon......but it will be in my kitchen...link below....

• 1 month later...
Guest arunachalam

@ chuti98

I used this build 20954 xip &sys,every thing fine.but in file explorer I am unable to select multiple file selection for copy move option.second is in pie6 the streaming flash video cant play in zoom out mode(this way opera is best.It can play in small window also)It is playing only out of the screen size.