Is the Touch HD being phased out?

Guest snpg

I have been thinking of buying a Touch HD and have been trawling the sites to get the best deal (going to get it on contract as it is too expensive to buy sim-free), and noticed that a lot of sites have no stock or are saying limited stock. A few are saying they are not getting any new stock!!

Is this a sign that HTC are reducing supply ready to release a replacement version or silimar product? What do people think?

Also, how long does it take between HTC announcing a new phone and it actually becoming available (in the UK)?

Guest psionandy
I have been thinking of buying a Touch HD and have been trawling the sites to get the best deal (going to get it on contract as it is too expensive to buy sim-free), and noticed that a lot of sites have no stock or are saying limited stock. A few are saying they are not getting any new stock!!

Is this a sign that HTC are reducing supply ready to release a replacement version or silimar product? What do people think?

Also, how long does it take between HTC announcing a new phone and it actually becoming available (in the UK)?

No its probably a sign of the opposite....

There is a limited supply because they are flying off the shelves as soon as they land...

Guest MrRalphMan

I think mobiles.co.uk said they were not getting any more in when they showed 'Limited Stock', but I get mine after a couple weeks waiting.

And I love it.. :)

Thanks for responding guys, good to know it's just me seeing things that aren't there.

I think it's all the talk of a raft of new HTC phones and Microsoft announcing a new version of Windows Mobile (although it seems to take months between them announcing it and then actually seeing it on phones).

Guest pbarclay
Thanks for responding guys, good to know it's just me seeing things that aren't there.

I think it's all the talk of a raft of new HTC phones and Microsoft announcing a new version of Windows Mobile (although it seems to take months between them announcing it and then actually seeing it on phones).

I am the same position, having just placed an order for a Touch HD with mobiles.co.uk which is "pending". I decided to go for the O2 contract option as it is an unbranded phone and will hopefully be able to receive future HTC hotfixes and updates.

I waited and waited and waited for the Orbit 2 to come out through 2007 and eventually gave up and bought a Touch Dual.

We just have artists impressions of phones that may appear in 2009 but probably in Q3 or even Q4. The Touch HD is alive and kicking and should hopefully provide me with mobile fun through the next 18 months.