Music stops when i put my omnia into standby :(

Guest Th3rmal

Guest Th3rmal

When I start listening to a song using TouchPlayer, and put my phone into standby (I also use S2U2), the song stops playing within about 2-15 seconds of the phone going into standby. This doesnt happen when i use WMP, and i havent had a chance to test with any other players. This is really starting to annoy me :)

Its important that i get TouchPlayer working because its the only one where you get controls no matter where you are, and it has a shortcut in the main menu, so i do not want to switch players :D

Any solutions?

Th3rmal

Guest Th3rmal

Pheww i thought it was a problem with my TouchPlayer or something else =/ And by the S2U2 threads, do you mean the ones on this forum, or the ones over at xda-developers?

EDIT: I have removed S2U2, and its working now :), however, i likes S2U2 because i want a locking feature other than WinMo's default one =/ Any suggestions?

Edited by Th3rmal

Guest wright8

it does the same for me but there are 2 ways i use it. if i end all tasks using the task swicher then it works when you click power button to turn phone off. you have to make sure you dont have s2u2 to start when phone turns off cause then it wont work. my phone only uses s2u2 when i turn in on by using one of the side buttons. this way alarms and touch player will all work as normal if you turn your phone off using the power button,

you just have to get used to it and you can have both. hope this helps.

Edited by wright8

Guest myoder020
Pheww i thought it was a problem with my TouchPlayer or something else =/ And by the S2U2 threads, do you mean the ones on this forum, or the ones over at xda-developers?

EDIT: I have removed S2U2, and its working now :) , however, i likes S2U2 because i want a locking feature other than WinMo's default one =/ Any suggestions?

you can use a registry editor and exclude s2u2 from starting when the touch player is open.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest atran315

I turned off "Power Save Mode" and turned on "Don't Suspend Power" under the Advanced category and now touch player works when it locks... hope it helps.

• 7 months later...
Guest Macjemzie

If you still want to use the S2U2 Lock/unlock mode while using the touch player, you just have to turn 'Off' the 'Power Off In' on your S2U2 Setings>Power. This will still lock/shut your screen but never stop your player from playing all your songs..

You can now play all your music with s2u2 lock mode enabled without any interruptions..

Guest rigor.m

You can make TouchPlayer work with s2u2 just fine, by adding Touch Player to the list of programs that prevent s2u2 from starting, and unchecking "Exceptional EXE in foreground only" in s2u2 options...

Touch Player is called smplayer.exe, you add that in the Exclusion list in registry folder HCU\Software\A_C\S2U2\Exceptions

Good luck.

• 5 months later...
Guest asbud
I turned off "Power Save Mode" and turned on "Don't Suspend Power" under the Advanced category and now touch player works when it locks... hope it helps.

If you still want to use the S2U2 Lock/unlock mode while using the touch player, you just have to turn 'Off' the 'Power Off In' on your S2U2 Setings>Power. This will still lock/shut your screen but never stop your player from playing all your songs..

You can now play all your music with s2u2 lock mode enabled without any interruptions..

isn't this means the power consumption will be draining the battery?

You can make TouchPlayer work with s2u2 just fine, by adding Touch Player to the list of programs that prevent s2u2 from starting, and unchecking "Exceptional EXE in foreground only" in s2u2 options...

Touch Player is called smplayer.exe, you add that in the Exclusion list in registry folder HCU\Software\A_C\S2U2\Exceptions

Good luck.

with the exceptional list, the slide 2 unlock future is really disabled.. really annoying if the power button is accidentally pressed..

any other way that doesnt involve uninstalling s2u2, or making a fast & draining battery options? :-(

• 11 months later...
Guest basim sherif

the problm solved now i can play songs without any interruptn...but i thnk u guys too solved this problem..if anyone needs help feel free to ask me ;)