No sound from device -- calls work fine

Guest KrayzieFox

Guest KrayzieFox

I just recently noticed that my phone has some really strange issue. It doesn't play any device sounds, but everything else works fine. My alarm sounds, the ringers sound, and the speaker works flawlessly during calls. However, Windows Media and other programs are not able to play any sound. Video is fine, but there is no sound.

Also, if I go to settings and try to play some of the rings.. they don't play. Same if I go to contacts and try to play a custom ring tone.

What's going on here?!

Guest eljoker
I just recently noticed that my phone has some really strange issue. It doesn't play any device sounds, but everything else works fine. My alarm sounds, the ringers sound, and the speaker works flawlessly during calls. However, Windows Media and other programs are not able to play any sound. Video is fine, but there is no sound.

Also, if I go to settings and try to play some of the rings.. they don't play. Same if I go to contacts and try to play a custom ring tone.

What's going on here?!

I've been searching forums all morning for an answer to this and found this the rocker switch for earpiece volumn overrides system settings i pushed the volumn all the way up on the rocker switch for earpiece volumn and now all my sounds are back, hope that helps

Edited by eljoker