How do you flash so fast, what's your secret ?

Guest zagzag99

Guest zagzag99

Hi there chefs and diners,

I'd like to thank all the chefs for cooking all these ROMs.

There isn't a day that I don't think to myself how great it is that I am not using the official ROM.

A question though, how do you flash your mobiles so fast ?

I see ROMs from the same chefs in gaps of days.

For me it takes around a day to flash a rom and install all my must have applications. And then another day or two

tweaking all types of settings to the way I love my omnia.

Is there a shortcut way of restoring all the apps and tweaks after a new ROM flashing ?

I read somewhere that using backup/restore tools is not good for when you switch ROMs, is that not true ?

Guest Barthlon

There isn't a day that I don't think to myself how great it is that I am not using the official ROM.

For me it takes around a day to flash a rom and install all my must have applications. And then another day or two

Is there a shortcut way of restoring all the apps and tweaks after a new ROM flashing ?

I read somewhere that using backup/restore tools is not good for when you switch ROMs, is that not true ?

i think you should not be surprised by the fact that others are so fasst, but by the fact that you are so darn slow... a day for installation and two days for tweaking... :);)

flashing takes about 10 minutes, basic settings to your likings 10 minutes, installing apps 10 minutes and overall tweaking maybe half an hour but then i'm all set!

Guest GodsGift
flashing takes about 10 minutes, basic settings to your likings 10 minutes, installing apps 10 minutes and overall tweaking maybe half an hour but then i'm all set!

yeah its about half hour 45 mins tops.

Mind you then I have to reinstall Garmin and that takes ages!

GG

Guest Natsirt
yeah its about half hour 45 mins tops.

Mind you then I have to reinstall Garmin and that takes ages!

GG

I dunno how to install my Garmin :)

Yeah i flashed my phone just then and it takes around 10 minutes for the flashing process.. then u jus take 10 minutes to configure the settings xD and ur set to go.. Just like Barthlon said :D

I flashed Omnia so many times (for example about 15 times in last 48hours) that complete customization takes me now about 1,5 to 2 hours (all tweaks, applications and navigation software).

Besides as a cooker of my own ROM I know what files should I change or what registry value to change in order to "upgrade" to new version of ROM instaed of whole reflashing :D (and this is one of the advantages of creating your own ROM :)).

Guest zagzag99
i think you should not be surprised by the fact that others are so fasst, but by the fact that you are so darn slow... a day for installation and two days for tweaking... :);)

Flashing itself take 10-15 minutes.

But before that there's the backup procedure.

After that there's all the installations.

And usually it takes me "gross" a day to re-tweak all kind of settings back to my likings.

I'll need to start backing up registry values so that i'll be able to tweak back in a single click.

Guest Barthlon
Flashing itself take 10-15 minutes.

But before that there's the backup procedure.

After that there's all the installations.

And usually it takes me "gross" a day to re-tweak all kind of settings back to my likings.

I'll need to start backing up registry values so that i'll be able to tweak back in a single click.

well, most of my important stuff from my phone (calendar, tasks, notes, contacts) is synchronized with my pc, so after a fresh install i just need to synchronize once and i'm set. i collect my email with my phone (hotmail and an exchange mail server) and for those you don't need to backup anything and also just need to press synchronize once. my files and installation cabs are always in seperate folders (audio, video, pictures, docs) on the 8gb internal hd and it's just a matter of copying back and forth from the pc to backup/reinstall and it takes a maximum of about 5 minutes for 8 gb.

so i just can't image it will take you days to reinstall your things after a flash.

i have the advantage that i use mcguider as navigation software and that i have it installed on a seperate memorycard (that i got with my omnia for free) that remembers the registration information and my settings, so after a flash it automaticly asks if i want to install it, i select yes and reboot and it's all set to my likings again :)