HTC Touch Pro - GSM or CDMA?

Guest dreamgeek

Guest dreamgeek

HI there,

Looking at Purchasing the HTC touch Pro for use in Canada on the Rogers network (GSM)

I've seen the phone on telus and bell (both CDMA) and am slightly confused. I thought a phone was one or the other and near as i can tell they are the same phone model?

Does this phone have both technologies in it or if not what is the specific model number of the GSM only version so i dont end up getting the wrong one <_< .

Thanks for the feedback

Guest Monolithix

I don't know specific model numbers, don't the networks tend to asign them their own monikers? The hardware will be the the same OTHER than the network tech it uses. So the CDMA version won't work on a GSM network and vice versa, but the cpu, memory, screen, etc is (generally) the same.

As an afterthough, some networks have an annoying habbit of disabling stuff like wifi or GPS, so it might be worth checking that out.

Annoyingly, the HTC Touch Pro exists in CDMA and GSM/UMTS variants. Depending on which has better coverage for you and if you travel abroad a lot depends on whether you get the GSM edition or the CDMA edition. The two are similar in shape and have the same functionality but have different hardware in the radio department.

Jeremy