HTC Touch HD (Blackstone) issues

Guest mrplatypus

Guest mrplatypus

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded to an HTC Touch HD with Orange.

I have noticed a couple of oddities which I would like to share with you all and hopefully to find answers to my queries:

When I first obtained the Device, I immediately synch'd it with my computer.

Here is where my issues start:

1) My girlfriend rang my phone - the device displayed her number as an unknown contact even though her number is definitely in my contacts list.

I think here that the problem is the Touch Flo program - it seemingly does not pick up on the existing numbers in my contact list.

I proved this, by using the Touch Flo program to duplicate my girlfriends details; one from the original contact list and one from the touch flo app.

I removed my device from the USB connector and removed the original contact;

I got my girlfriend to ring again and this time, via the touch flo app, her number was recognised and her picture displayed??

2) I tried using the Music player, again through the touch flo program - this failed to start, an error was generated, which I allowed to send to Microsoft.

I tried playing the same track through Windows Mobile Directly .. hey presto, the file played...

3) Given my problems recorded in (2) I tried adding a new playlist via the touch flo app so as to add entries to the list .. this too failed.

I am able to create play lists directly through Windows Media Player on my device.

My initial questions for you all are:

1) has anyone experienced these problems (or similar)?

2) if they have already been experienced, was there a work around and what was the work around?

Despite the minor annoyances here, I really do love the device and would not change it now for the world, if only these glitches could be overcome.

For the record:

I am using Touch Flo Version 3 (Build 32567)

I am using

Operator Version: 14.119.1.611

ROM Version: 1.19.61.1 WWE

Radio Version: 1.09.25.14

Protocol Version: 52.49a.25.26U

If any more information is required which I have not added, please request it and I will place it here.

I hope someone here can help me..

Thanks

MrPlatypus