Random lack of SMS sound

Guest mch_87

I've had an odd issue start with my Touch HD, when receiving texts it occasionally decides not to play the sound but just vibrates once (short buzz)...

This usually starts after I've sent and received several texts simultaneously...

Has anyone else has this issue and is there a quick fix?

many thanks

Guest MikeWard1701
I've had an odd issue start with my Touch HD, when receiving texts it occasionally decides not to play the sound but just vibrates once (short buzz)...

This usually starts after I've sent and received several texts simultaneously...

Has anyone else has this issue and is there a quick fix?

many thanks

Are you using a custom message tone? If so what format is the file in, and what size is it?

WM only plays .WAV files natively, any other file format requires it to load the Windows Media Player kernel in the background to play the file and this can take time depending on memory usage etc.

It's an issue with all Windows Mobile devices, and mainly affects ringtones (can take several rings to start playing the ringtone).

A workaround is to store/convert your favourite tones into .WAV format and put them in the Windows folder.

Edited by MikeWard1701

Are you using a custom message tone? If so what format is the file in, and what size is it?

WM only plays .WAV files natively, any other file format requires it to load the Windows Media Player kernel in the background to play the file and this can take time depending on memory usage etc.

It's an issue with all Windows Mobile devices, and mainly affects ringtones (can take several rings to start playing the ringtone).

A workaround is to store/convert your favourite tones into .WAV format and put them in the Windows folder.

Its currently in mp3 format.

I'll try using a wav

• 3 months later...