HELP! Phone Beeps when disconnected from AC Power

Guest MadSci

OK, I'm pretty sure this is my own doing, but a couple of weeks ago my Fuze began emitting a series of four VERY loud beeps whenever it is disconnected from the charger.

It's so loud it bugs people in the next room! Given the short batter life, my Fuze spends alot of it's day in and out of a charging cradle, and the noise is very disruptive.

I did a Hard Rest, and the noise went away. When I restored my files via Sprite back to the way it was a couple of weeks ago, the noise came back.

I can't seem to find any option to enable/disable this function in any of my installed software, so I'm stumpted.

I'd really hate to have to rebuild the phone manually, so I'm hoping someone will recognise this behaviour and be able to say what software is the likely culprit.

Any sugestions, short of a rebuild, will be gratefully appreciated! :)

Thanks

MadSci

• 2 months later...
Guest MadSci

Well if anyone cares (and judging from the wall of silance that has greeted my post on this both here and at XDA - I'm not sure that anyone does) the answer was Batti!

Soemhow it ended up with a setting to give off this annoying noise whenever disconected from AC power. Now it's off and I'm happy, but I'm quite sure I didn't change the setting, so it's a bit of a mystery to me. Anyway, if you were lurking and had the same problem - go check for your settings in Batti!

MadSci