XDA Serra

Guest crazyc

For those who do not wish to enter the world of ROM flashing, O2 have issued a fix for getting a GPS lock more quickly.

In reality, as far as I can see this is just a cab to install quickGPS, which many people will have but was not part of the Serra stock ROM.

Personally I prefer the whole new ROM approach, but this is downloadable from the O2 web site and so will not void warranty and may help some people.

Someone over at XDA pointed this out, and I thought it was worth mentioning here.

For those who do not wish to enter the world of ROM flashing, O2 have issued a fix for getting a GPS lock more quickly.

In reality, as far as I can see this is just a cab to install quickGPS, which many people will have but was not part of the Serra stock ROM.

Personally I prefer the whole new ROM approach, but this is downloadable from the O2 web site and so will not void warranty and may help some people.

Someone over at XDA pointed this out, and I thought it was worth mentioning here.

I got it off the XDA site the other night and WOW what an improvement in performance - well worth the download and install if you have slow GPS lock

Guest Neil5459

Yes- O2 have confirmed that this is just a copy of QuickGPS. It was omitted from the original ROM as O2 were intending to use the chipset's A-GPS features with their A-GPS signals to be broadcast across the service channels. For some reason this never materialised.

O2 have also confirmed that a whole new ROM is to be released sometime in Q1

Guest UndeadDevil

Do any networks in the UK even support A-GPS. Personally I can't even see the point in it, literally gives you your location within 1000-5000 meters (I'd assume this would be the initial fix as well) and is highly in-accurate.

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest itsnotmeeee

This fix works perfectly. Fix would take upto 20mins, now takes less than 2mins.

I do not believe A-GPS is supported. It is disabled as default in the O2 Rom.