Turning off screeen shuts down GPS

Guest Magster

Guest Magster

I have a problem with my Touch HD in the way that everytime the screen shuts down the GPS seems to shut down. Regardless if I Push the power button or if I let it shut down by itself.

For example if I'm recording a track it will make a straight line from the point where the screen shuts down to the point where I turn it on.

I'm using Garmin Mobile XT and Kartex (a software from the Swedish lantmäteriet).

Have been using both softwares on my old E-ten Glofiish X800 and it worked fine.

/ Magnus

Guest Neil5459

This is normal behaviour for HTC GPS devices due to the large power drain of an active GPS receiver. You need to see if the software itself has a 'keep GPS On' option when in standby (my iGO8 has this, so can keep the GPS alive when the device turns off)

An alternative may be to use Franson GPSGate as an intermediary GPS driver- this has options to keep the GPS on. Alternatively, try and find a 'screen off' application that can simply turn the screen off while allowing running processes to continue. Spb Pocket Plus has this asone of its options but I'm sure there are some free ones out there.