How-To change all fonts on the blackjack II wm 6.1

Guest onesojourner

Guest onesojourner

ok I am writing this to clarify the process of changes every font on your windows mobile 6.1 device.

I would like to thank jeffglenellen for helping me figure out some of this stuff and for his little guide .

Tools you will need:

CeRegEditor

openoffice (optional)

a new font (for this tutorial I am using Komika Text Tight)

System Fonts

1. Using Activesync Copy your new font over to your phone \Windows\Fonts (keep a copy on your desktop too for later reference)

2. Open CeRegEditor > Connection > connect

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > GDI > SYSFNT

4. Double click your font on the desktop you will need to type the top line of this exactly.

5. In CeRegEditor double click NM

6. Change "Value Data:" to "your font name". In this case "Komika Text Tight" (note that that font name and the file name of the font are not this same KOMTXTT_ is the file name and Komika Text Tight is the name of the font)

7. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > GWE > BarFnt Double click NM again and Change "Value Data:" to "your font name".

8. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > GWE > PopFnt Double click NM again and Change "Value Data:" to "your font name".

9. Exit CeRegEditor

10. Performe a soft reset. If you browse your menus you should see your font popping up.

Home Screen Fonts

1. Using Activesync Browse to /Windows on your device. Copy the 2 files "CHome_240x320" and "CHome_320x240" to your desktop. I would also recomend backing these up in a different folder just incase.

2. right click on these and uncheck read only

3. Open both these files with openoffice writer

4. You should see several instances of FontFamily="blah blah" you will need to change these to FontFamily="Komika Text Tight"

5. Ctrl + F will bring up the search tool this makes it easy to find all and replace all. just copy the current font and paste it into find and then replace it with Komika Text Tight. Do this to both files and save them.

6. Right click on these files and make them read only again.

7. Copy these to your device. It will ask you if you want to over write just say yes.

8. Restart your device. You should have nice fonts on everything now.

9. If you don't you may need to edit your homescreen xml. Browse to \Application Data\Home and copy your current home screen to your desktop and follow the same steps above. There should only be one instance of the font in this file though.

The only fonts I have found that do not change with this are the Samsung designed home screen fonts.

• 6 months later...
Guest newsoulride
ok I am writing this to clarify the process of changes every font on your windows mobile 6.1 device.

I would like to thank jeffglenellen for helping me figure out some of this stuff and for his little guide .

Tools you will need:

CeRegEditor

openoffice (optional)

a new font (for this tutorial I am using Komika Text Tight)

System Fonts

1. Using Activesync Copy your new font over to your phone \Windows\Fonts (keep a copy on your desktop too for later reference)

2. Open CeRegEditor > Connection > connect

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > GDI > SYSFNT

4. Double click your font on the desktop you will need to type the top line of this exactly.

5. In CeRegEditor double click NM

6. Change "Value Data:" to "your font name". In this case "Komika Text Tight" (note that that font name and the file name of the font are not this same KOMTXTT_ is the file name and Komika Text Tight is the name of the font)

7. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > GWE > BarFnt Double click NM again and Change "Value Data:" to "your font name".

8. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > GWE > PopFnt Double click NM again and Change "Value Data:" to "your font name".

9. Exit CeRegEditor

10. Performe a soft reset. If you browse your menus you should see your font popping up.

Home Screen Fonts

1. Using Activesync Browse to /Windows on your device. Copy the 2 files "CHome_240x320" and "CHome_320x240" to your desktop. I would also recomend backing these up in a different folder just incase.

2. right click on these and uncheck read only

3. Open both these files with openoffice writer

4. You should see several instances of FontFamily="blah blah" you will need to change these to FontFamily="Komika Text Tight"

5. Ctrl + F will bring up the search tool this makes it easy to find all and replace all. just copy the current font and paste it into find and then replace it with Komika Text Tight. Do this to both files and save them.

6. Right click on these files and make them read only again.

7. Copy these to your device. It will ask you if you want to over write just say yes.

8. Restart your device. You should have nice fonts on everything now.

9. If you don't you may need to edit your homescreen xml. Browse to \Application Data\Home and copy your current home screen to your desktop and follow the same steps above. There should only be one instance of the font in this file though.

The only fonts I have found that do not change with this are the Samsung designed home screen fonts.